Hey i'm getting a new guitar soon, and want one that will lats me a good couple of years or until I get an edorsement deal (we can all dream right).

So which out of the two would you on here say was a better guitar, and I play mainly metal music, but like clean stuff, they both have what I want - EMG's, fixed bridge, 24 frets.

Aesthetically I prefer the EC100, but it's a bit more pricey.

Opinions?
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Quote by fwibble
Hey i'm getting a new guitar soon, and want one that will lats me a good couple of years or until I get an edorsement deal (we can all dream right).

So which out of the two would you on here say was a better guitar, and I play mainly metal music, but like clean stuff, they both have what I want - EMG's, fixed bridge, 24 frets.

Aesthetically I prefer the EC100, but it's a bit more pricey.

Opinions?

Well to tell you the truth, I'm buying the C-1 hellraiser, then buying the ec next. But, im getting the ec with Seymour Duncans. So I prefer the hellraiser just a little more for its playability (especially the ultra acess neck).
I prefer the Schecter, but I have also heard good things about that particular ESP. Have you tried them both?
member #14 of the club! PM Gabel to join

Martha Stewart for UG President '06
i'd go with the hellraiser
its has better upper fret access by far

and IMO sounds better too

but if you dont really need good upper fret acces and the LP shape is your thing, go for the EC
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
ESPs are my thang, so i'd go for the EC. However, don't really know much about the hellraiser

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
The EC has a fatter sound than the Hellraiser and the action is lower. I think the EC is better value for money cause the harder is a bit better.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
Quote by Tubey
The EC has a fatter sound than the Hellraiser and the action is lower. I think the EC is better value for money cause the harder is a bit better.

the harder???
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
I'd go with the LTD EC, they rock, and are awesome for metal, and it's my current main guitar

the hellraiser is awesome also, but it just didn't suit me as much as the EC (I love the LP shape of the EC)
I'm not a fan of the LTD line.

Shecter is probably the company that provided you with the best bang for your buck there is. I dare you to find a guitar as good as the shecter c-1 classic in that price range.

I would definetly go with the hellraiser.

There's also the fact that you can get a floyd rose with it and it has the ACTIVE emgs (don't be fooled by the EMGHZ and the EMG Selects those usck)
Quote by Ihearthetfield
I'm not a fan of the LTD line.

Shecter is probably the company that provided you with the best bang for your buck there is. I dare you to find a guitar as good as the shecter c-1 classic in that price range.

I would definetly go with the hellraiser.

There's also the fact that you can get a floyd rose with it and it has the ACTIVE emgs (don't be fooled by the EMGHZ and the EMG Selects those usck)

Well I'm not interested in a floyd rose, and the EC1000 also has active EMG's - 81/60 combo. Since I've had EMG's before, I know the difference between the HZ's and the actives.
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
try them both out dude, they'll both give you relatively the same sound (besides the neck pickup).
try them out and see how they feel in your hand, from my experience, i didn't like the hellraisers neck at all. But its up to you dude