Alright ive got a show coming up and i have to fill in 15 minutes. I hAVENT PLAYED INFRONT OF PEOPLE ON MY OWN. but i have played in a band.

this is going to be me and my acoustic, so i recorded me playing 3 originals and i pretended to be infront of a crowd. I know its kinda pathetic but its life and your internet people so it doesnt matter anyway. also tell me if you think ill look like a jackass if i play these.

So here it is: my ten minute show. (i still have to fill in another 5 minutes so ill play a cover)

http://tmb.dmusic.com/

and of course crits would be awesome.

P.S: i know never going back has alot of problems but ill be playing that one on an electric since for the solo my acoustic doesnt really let me reach those frets. But i guess you can tell when you hear it.
President of "Blink 182 Fan club" club
PM Me to join

Set-up
My very own baby with LED's
GX212 Ultratwin by Behringer
MT-2 boss metal zone pedal
Last edited by Telmob at Jun 26, 2006,
stick a capo and make the songs in a higher key, your voice will be higher and louder. practice singing scales to ease yourself into it
yes i agree with jen_1 you should slap a capo on that sucker.

this first song is ok, kind of to pop or punk for me, just not my style, but i do think it will be pleasing for a crowd. I like your voice. The tone is nice to on the acoustic, the first song sounds kind of generic, um like radio friendly, mainstream friendly is what i mean by generic. but there is nothing wrong with that.

the second song i like the intro, its less generic too, well until the chords came in, maybe you can change the strumming pattern, cause theres a similarity between both of the songs with the strumming pattern that is, well at least i think. I think i would like it more if you stick with the way you play the verse first, or the intro, and sing it, then like more towards the end add the chords. thats what i think, but still this is another fan friendly song so i think the audience will take a liking to it. put a little more of emotion in your voice, just kind of sounds like at some parts you are speaking.

the third song reminded me right a way of brainstew by green day or 25 to 6 or 4 by chicago, but this is probably your most catchy song out of them so far, but just sounds way to generic. But assuming that the whole audience arent guitarist or musicians then i think you will be ok, they will just bob their heads to this song. thats what i think. thats pretty much all i have to say on this song, it was ok, the catchiest but the most unoriginal out of the three.

the record quality on all of them was great. hope you do well.
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
awesome thanks alot guys, where do i slap the capo?
PM Me to join

Set-up
anywhere you feel comfortable, start on the second fret and if it sounds that you singing is consistent in this key you can keep going up the neck until you find the most comfortable key. make sure you can keep your singing in tune with the capo though
holy shit, havent been on this website in a bit and found this old recording of my voice before the whole voice changing thing

go ****ing me!! i should re-record this with my current voice, coooool
PM Me to join

Set-up