ok guys here's the thing.. i can play a few songs with chords very well.., other melodic very well too..ex canon and im alright...
then i just need speed to be able to do those frezied solo's =)..
then is there any particular exercise or something i can do to help my speed?
my picking is pretty fast what is bad is my left hand ^_^..
so what can i do?? thx!!!
play scales like the major scale up and down, then go to harder scales and modes, and get faster and faster, practicing the co-ordination between your two hands (unless you have three O_o)
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by yoyoloco
ok guys here's the thing.. i can play a few songs with chords very well.., other melodic very well too..ex canon and im alright...
then i just need speed to be able to do those frezied solo's =)..
then is there any particular exercise or something i can do to help my speed?
my picking is pretty fast what is bad is my left hand ^_^..
so what can i do?? thx!!!

Start off slow, make sure you're using correct technique (bends = thumb over neck, otherwise have it behind the neck), make sure to practice slowly enough so you make no mistakes whatsoever. Just keep pushing yourself an extra couple of BPM when you have everything perfect.
Quote by twistedsister
Always use a metronome

YES YES YES
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Yea definitly start out slow and make sure that you are doing everything perfectly. Start with your metronome set at about 60 bpm and do whole notes, (one note per beat) half notes, (two notes per beat) and then quarter notes (four notes per beat) and start with the minor pentatonic scale (be sure to learn all positions). And remember to always alternate pick.(pick up and down instead of using all downstrokes) Its not very fun at first but you later find out than you play alot cleaner and more accurate and it becomes fun.
My Gear:

2005 Jackson RR3
1972 Yamaha FG 200
Ibanez 25R
There is this thing called the Gripmaster. THis is about 10.00. It excersizes your fingers so you can play faster. As soon as you build up the strength in your fingers, you will see a difference.
Just go really slow and work your way up..To speed your not gonna play something you just learned as fast as something you have known for a while...
Quote by Vindication
Start off slow, make sure you're using correct technique (bends = thumb over neck, otherwise have it behind the neck)

Is it really necessary for speed playing to keep your thumb behind the neck and should you not let the knuckle of your index finger rest on the neck because that's the way Satch and Petrucci and... play but it feels unnatural to bend your wrist towards you like that...
#57 of the Alter Bridge Fan Club