#1
hey when i play electric guitar my bridge will be come slightly electrified and i dnt know how/why. The strings make my fingers go a lil numb, and when i put my pick hand by the bridge i get zapped. This happens when the amp is on and when it is off, but still plugged in. does anyone know of whats going on? I haven't checked with a voltmeter to see if there is actual leakage, however i am getting shocked tho...any advice would be helpful thx!
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.


jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
#3
lol, perhaps some kind of electrical storm focussed entirely underneat the bridge of your guitar? It's more than likely I think.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
#4
how do i go about that?
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.


jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
#6
your amp's ground is busted. take it to a tech.
Quote by grimreaper65

Woo! 11 inches!

Oh wait, the ruler's upside-down.
#8
like said. its ur amp. DO NOT use the amp. take it into a shop.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.


Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
#11
yes, your amp is not properly grounded. Another possibility is that you're playing an amp that was made for american electrical sockets in Europe. Is that the case?
#12
nah im here in america...with a line6 15 watt amp
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.


jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
#13
It happened to me once. Check your wall socket too. My guitar started zapping me and when I plugged my amp to a different socket, it stopped.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
#14
Quote by Jimmy94
yes, your amp is not properly grounded. Another possibility is that you're playing an amp that was made for american electrical sockets in Europe. Is that the case?


The amp would have died long before he got shocked, if this were the case.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
#15
The guitar I borrowed from my uncle when I was first starting out used to shock me like that, so when I got my own guitar shortly after, I let my friends use that one instead, a good laugh..
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
#17
That's how Keith Relf died.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."