im tryin to learn the art of sweep picking and it's just to hard or i guess i may be a little impatient. im playin a 1984 Charvel San Dimas with some mods like an active EMG. the problem is when i go up the frets im not picking hard enough for the hammer-on's to be heard because your not supposed to pick hard it's supposed to be smooth, according to all of the lessons i've watched, and when i try to come back down it is fricken mess fingers dont go the right way, and whatever. i know it's not my fingers bein slow because i can pick sixteenth notes goin up and down minor scales at 185 bpm.

if anybody has any advise or suggestions on good books, vids, lessons, etc.
let me know

r u keeping ur finger in the same place like when ur playin a chord cuz if ur not that might be why its a mess when ur coming down
use a metronome...start as slow as it takes to play it perfectly and watch your technique rigorously...perfect synchronization between both hands is the key to sweep picking
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
the exercise attached is a guitar pro 5 file (assuming you have it) and it's a standard A major arpeggio moved chromatically up the neck...i would suggest moving down as well...here's another one

|
-----------2--5--------------------3--6----------
|-------3--------4--------------4--------5-------
|----4--------------3--------5--------------4----
|-5--------------------2--6--------------------3-
|------------------------------------------------
|------------------------------------------------

and move it chromatically up the neck as well...looks like a spider when you play it
Attachments:
Sweep Picking Exercise.zip
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.