So i really love carvins carved tops and there 22 fret cutom strat look alikes, but there so damn expensive, so bought a build your own carvin kit this morning!!! just wondering if anyone has had any experiance with carvins guitars, they look beautiful and im sure this one will be no different as my dads a boat builder and has an extended knowledge of wood and finishes etc... but i would like an opinion on perhaps theyre playability any suggestions on how to make mine more like the real thing?!
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
i have both the DC 135 and the CT6M and they are both incredible. the price is a bit higher than most but i would also say the quality is one of the best i have experienced.
they play truly beautifully

you made a good choice

ive played on the dc 127 i think... sounded amazing. It was a little bright, but it had an alder body
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
Last edited by ISuk@Guitar at Jun 26, 2006,
cool, i alwyas loved carvin stuff (just look at my sig) and the california carved top caught my eye in a guitare one and i flipped out, never knew carvin made guitars and a prs being MAD explensive these were a sure thinb, but i didnt need a super finish ,and i always wanted to build my own guitar sooo.....
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
I don't know why people think that Carvin's are expensive since they are custom built guitars. Once you order a guitar from them, they start building it.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Oh... well im still undecided on a finish...if i should go with a natuaral clear/stain the wood with some colr, or maybe do a solid color or solid sunburst...i was thinking like blue or blue fleck sunbusrt to black or maybe a chamelion paint....?

the pick guard is classic white and the hardware will all be chrome...so maybe even a red fleck to black sunburst would be cool..idunno undecided as of yet... '

Any suggesetions??
Mail Goes here.

tell me how it goes mate. ive always though about buying one of those kits but cant be stuffed saving for one
Oh new idea i decided either to do a EVH whit w/ black stripes or a natural see through blue stain so the wood grain shows and then clear coat the hell out of it
Mail Goes here.