is it reasonable to post order epiphone les pauls? i've heard that the quality can be quite different so you should try the instrument before you buy it and find the best one.

And i'm also wondering about korean made and japanese made epiphones?
what's the difference
The japanese made Elitist series are the best quality epiphones. They're better than some gibsons. They might be a bit expensive, though.

Apart from the story I heard about the fly underneath a les paul's finish, I think Epiphones are pretty good quality. They're all very similar, so if you've played one you'll know what they sound like.
k..... but if i have a epiphone les paul goth studio is it really worth it upgrading to the les paul standard? the les paul goth studio costs something around 380? and the standard something like 340 ?

or should i get the epiphone classic? only 80 ? more for that one
Last edited by assel at Jun 26, 2006,
And that's what you call UPgrading?

It's the same thing. I say it every day.

Epiphone guitars are the same wood, same hardware, same pickups, same strings, same necks, same sound. There's never too much a difference, especially between those two les pauls.

Unless you're made fun of every day about your gothic guitar, there's no point at all.

If you're gonna buy a new Epi Les Paul, buy an Elitist.

EDIT: the classic is just gay. 80 bucks more, and the only difference is no covers on the pickups. That's not even gonna improve the tone. That's retarded.
ok, then i'm just going to save up for some expensive amp...

I play stuff like g n' r jimi hendrix pink floyd led zeppelin and some punk and indie.

budget : --->800 ?
Epiphone guitars are the same wood, same hardware, same pickups, same strings, same necks, same sound. There's never too much a difference, especially between those two les pauls.

So your telling me theres no difference between an Epiphone special 2 and an Les Paul Custom?
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

^I'm sure he didn't mean it that generally.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30