If i combined a 4x10 8ohm cab and a 1x15 4 ohm cab could i run a 4 ohm head on them and what would that do to the head as in like make it less wattage or what not?

-Willwerth
If you combine an 8ohm cab with a 4ohm cab you cannot run that combination of cabs with a head that runs at a minimum impedence of 4ohms...One 8ohm cab wired in parallel with a 4ohm cab will produce an net impedence of around 2.6 ohms (i think, not completely sure) but at any rate, that is less than the 4ohm minimum of the head...So no you cannot do that...I dont know exactly what that will do to the head/cabs however I've never tried it
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
if you connect them in series your total impedance is 12, so there's no danger, you just lose a lot of power

if you connect them in parallel, your total impedance is 2.6, so you start blowing **** up if you turn your amp up to high

my advice, sell the 1x15 4 ohm and get an 1x15 8 ohm
Quote by riekes
if you connect them in series your total impedance is 12, so there's no danger, you just lose a lot of power

if you connect them in parallel, your total impedance is 2.6, so you start blowing **** up if you turn your amp up to high

my advice, sell the 1x15 4 ohm and get an 1x15 8 ohm

I fried my schools PA speakers doing thatwith a Sovtek.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Quote by metalstillsucks

I fried my schools PA speakers doing thatwith a Sovtek.

on the other hand, you can save a lot on pyrotchnics and smoke machines
Quote by riekes
on the other hand, you can save a lot on pyrotchnics and smoke machines

Actually, to save money on pyrotechnics, I buy a Behringer and plug it in.

It usually catches on fire by the end of the gig.

Nice finisher.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.