The notes used are all natural notes (A B C D E F G) and the chords above it are F C G Am... what scale is being used and it what key... and if you don't mind... how did you find out (I'm reading on it, so you don't have to answer that one, but it would be kind)
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
Thanks man
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
yes true but use Am modal wise... stay true to the progression
The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.
-Frank Zappa
it is in the key of C Major. u can use the two scales which have been previously stated, thoughs most likely will sound best. but u can also use D dorian, E phrygian, F lydian, G mixolydian, B locrain.
Looks to me like a C Major progression. IV-I-V-vi. Three of the four chords are primary chords (I, IV and V) in C. The Am is the vi of C major. The movement is very common, IV to I, I to V, V to vi, forming a deceptive cadence.

However, to make a definitive statement, I would need to see the bar positioms of the chords, this tells a lot. Also, hearing or reading the melody would be a great help.

If the melody ends on the tone A, this would lend much credence to the A minor point of view. However, absent an E7 cord, it would be tough to call this an A minor progression. If the melody ends on C, (coinciding with the cadence on the A minor chord) then this would be a perfect example of a deceptive cadence.

Remember, in the vast majority of cases, you can identify a key by finding the V chord. Look for either ii-V or V-I movement.
yeah, i'd go w/ a minor as well, but again hearing the accompanying melody would help, it appears to resolve to the A minor mentioned so thats my relative basis on the key