I have a B-52 AT-100. I know that it is a triple rectifier, but i am not quite clear on what that means. I know it has something to do with the "rectifier" knob on the back of it that i can switch between Tube A, Tube AB and Solid State with. Im assuming solid state just makes it function like a solid state amp, bypassing the tubes. Would this mean if my tubes died i could still use the amp on that setting?

thanks.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
sorry about this blatant bump, but i find it kind of hard to believe that no one here knows what a rectifier is.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
a rectifier converts AC line current to DC that the amp circuit uses. It can either be silicon diode or vacuum tube. The vacuum tubes are less efficient at supplying current, so it adds a "sag" or "sponginess" to the sound as the amp chokes when it needs the most power. Lower frequencies need more power at higher volumes, and the more current the amp pulls, the higher the voltage drop and power drop. Vintage amps only used vacuum tubes, so it's associated with that vintage sound and vintage tube amp "feel". Silicone diode rectifiers have no internal resistance, so don't suffer from the voltage drop as the current increases. The result is a tighter punchy sound with more headroom. Most metal and rock players will use the silicon diode rectifier for the tighter sound. I assume the the tri-mode means it has 3 ways of rectifying current. The AB is probably some combination of SS and tube, but I don't know your amp.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
^ exactly.

and to clarify, putting it on SS mode won't bypass all the tubes in the amp and make it a solid state, that's just silly.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile