i'm sure this isn't the right place to post this so i'm sorry to the mods and stuff, move it wherever it should go i guess.

Anyway, my band has a first gig on Wednesday. I'm trying to put a list of songs together to play and all I have is Crazy Train and Eruption. I can play alot of songs and i'm willing to learn a few. I'm looking for songs from bands like ACDC / GNR / Led Zeppelin. Mostly songs that would keep the audience pumped. I know songs by ACDC and GNR and Led Zeppelin already i'm just unsure what to use. You can suggest songs from bands similar to these three such as some Van Halen / Black Sabbath etc.

thanks
Throw Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin in there, Sweet Child O' Mine by GNR, Back in Black by ACDC, You Shook Me All Night Long by ACDC, Iron Man by Black Sabbath, Sweet Leaf by Black Sabbath, Paranoid by Black Sabbath, Panama by Van Halen, basically songs that your audience would be familiar with.
Um, if your gig is on wednesday good luck having a band being tight enough to learn by then.
About 2/3rds into your set, play something a bit calmer, you don't wanna go crazy your entire set, *The sweet is never as sweet without the sour* idea, they will get tired of that stuff, not saying it has to be a ballad, but something chiller, maybe the band can get something to drink and one of you guys gets the acoustic and someone sings for one song.
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
Quote by bassdrum
Throw Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin in there

I would even open up with that song, its pretty rocking

Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
^x2 Bron-Y-Aur by Led Zeppelin (NOT Bron-Y-Aur Stomp!) should do the trick for that.

Click Here for the tab, the title is mislabeled.
Last edited by bassdrum at Jun 26, 2006,
Big question though... who are you playing for, whos your target audience??

Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

Alright, here are my suggestions

Highway to hell
TNT (simple yet amazing)
Back in Black
Rock and roll
Communication Breakdown
Stairway to heaven
Paradise city
Welcome to the jungle
Paranoid
Iron Man
Running with the Devil

hope this helps
Throw in a song or two the audience won't recognize. Definitely have more recognizable covers, but I remember going a bunch of cover band concerts and going "What's that song from? Who played that?" That's, in fact, how I got exposed to Dreamtheater. Solitary shell... amazing song... Anyways, intrigue the audience with something new. It's a subtle effect, but it'll get them coming back for more.
Quote by Danno13
Big Balls anyone?

why not write your own music?
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Play stuff that peopel will know too though...And I would try and play different gneres because then you would have more of a variety in the people who are watching or want to go...

Something yall wrote
Like Sweet Child Of Mine
Stairway to Heaven
Black Dog
Mabey something like Master of Puppets
welcome to the Jungle
Hells Bells
Back in Black
Paranoid
enter sandman
For Those About To Rock
Mabey some kiss or something...
Etc...

You have a gig and you dont even know what your gonna play?
Quote by wind88
Sorry for my ignorance. I apologize.

People who dont suck:
epacers7
jj1565

I am a proud member of the Anti Anti Drug Foundation
Quote by flesh fries

why not write your own music?

just started the band and i'm the only one with previous band experience.

We'll start writing music after this show at our practices.

You have a gig and you dont even know what your gonna play?

theres alot i want to play i'm just checking to see which songs everyone else knows as well as i
if you're playing eruption, i hope you know what your doing. thats a song everyone knows and if you screw up well....
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns