I have an issue when playing barre chords, and I was wondering if I was the only one with this issue. When I play them, it seems the B string rests in the rivit of my index finger and I have to press a bit excessively hard on the actual fret (I of course place my finger above the metal fret, but I have to press it against the fret for that string to ring).

I know.. Practice your finger strength. Has anyone else had this issue specifically? Do you still have the problem?
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
Normal beginner problem for some.....the cure is: practice, practice, practice, practice....
press with the side of your index finger
- When I was your age Pluto was still a Planet. - anonymous
/\ Wow... I didn't think the answer would be that simple, it really sounds MUCH better! Thanks!!
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
slide your finger a little up or down, that should get it out of the rivet
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Quote by horazonblade
/\ Wow... I didn't think the answer would be that simple, it really sounds MUCH better! Thanks!!

the fun part is developing the calluses on your index fingers side . and playing bar chords higher up the neck and turning your index finger sidewards is a little bit of a bitch at first.
- When I was your age Pluto was still a Planet. - anonymous
If you're playing an electric you'll realise how much easy it is than on an acoustic. If you want to build that extra strength, practice on an acoustic, this way you have to press harder to barre the chord, you might want to try this after you've mastered it on an electric though, for some extra strength, or you'll find it mucho's difficult to do.