im looking for an affordable good looking semi hollow bass does anyone know any places i can get one prefereably in the uk
I hate to see this happen 41 people looked at this mans/womans thread and no one says a thing i have an excuss(wow i cant spell today) i was in L.A. and had no access to a comp or internet. Pesronally i think u should look at Ibanez Artcore series i guess there ok...c was that too hard?
President is Man
Josh is Man
JOSH IS PRESIDENT

When a famous boxer from the 20's was asked "What do you think about Shakespeare?", he replied, "I'll moida' da' bum!"
is there a perticular reason your looking for a hollow body? try musiciansfriend.com or maybe even ebay?

or you could always waltz on down to your local guitar store, ive seen a couple at mine.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Yes, the Ibanez Artcore is one, I played it and it was pretty cool. not my style, but sounded excellent. heres a link, but its an american site.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-AGB140-SemiHollow-Electric-Bass-Guitar?sku=519777

And a similar bass:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ASB140-SemiHollow-Electric-Bass?sku=519780

See if you like those. The prices aren't too steep, maybe theres a UK site or something you could search?
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Quote by pickinandgrinin
I hate to see this happen 41 people looked at this mans/womans thread and no one says a thing i have an excuss(wow i cant spell today) i was in L.A. and had no access to a comp or internet. Pesronally i think u should look at Ibanez Artcore series i guess there ok...c was that too hard?

umm so what if they didnt reply? they might not have known exactly what the threadstarter was doing in this thread, he coulda been:

1) looking for a semi hollow
2) selling one
3) asking about a particular one
4) showing off he just got
5) asking about the advantages(and dis-) of them over solid bodies

etc.

i for one, havent ever played a semi hollow bass, cause my 3 local stores dont stock any.

so if the topic was 1 or 5, i would have pretty much no reason to post.

if it was 2: if its cheap and he happens to live beside me (dosnt happen often) i might be interested

if it was 3: if its a brand name a lot of people trust or dont trust, or often have something about them to look out for, then i could inform the TS about that.

if it was 4: well heck, i'd like to see someone show off their bass if its a semi hollow that i dont ever see bein played.

besides, dont act all arrogant how you actually posted something when you viewed, youre "actual' advice was "i think u should look at the artcore series i guess there ok".
I really like the Ibanez artcore bass. You can only get the single-cut one over here in the UK. The Tanglewood semi-hollow bass looks good, but I haven't played it and it's hard to find.
theres a 6 string shine on www.gak.co.uk that looks semi hollow (has an F hole)
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
are you hollow bodied ? if so attach bass strings from your toes to you ears, nose and lips then put a pickup in your stomach (get a good tech guy ) plug in and play like flea /motorhead, youll be so happy with the naural tones !
Gear
Customized crunked out guitar rig
--1971 Fender Princeton (12")
--H.O.G.
3 customized guitars for the rig
--1999 Martin Jm - Seymour Duncan-SHR1-hotrail
--1998 Martin 000-28EC - Dearmond Humbucker
www.bigkingbud.com
Quote by bigkingbud
are you hollow bodied ? if so attach bass strings from your toes to you ears, nose and lips then put a pickup in your stomach (get a good tech guy ) plug in and play like flea /motorhead, youll be so happy with the naural tones !

*cough*hisnameislemmy*cough*
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
theres a 6 string shine on www.gak.co.uk that looks semi hollow (has an F hole)

But it's got a bolt-on neck and an ash top - it's not gonna sound anything like a semi.
Try Craig's List. Sometimes, you'll come across Ibanez Artcores, Epiphone Rivolis, Guild or Dearmond Starfires, or even a Gibson EB-2 for a reasonable price. I bought my Epiphone Rivoli from a guy in Boise, Idaho through Craig's List for $450--and I live in California. I also bought a 1965 Cherry Red Guild Starfire relic in the same manner for $600 from a guy just over the hill from where I live; he drove it over and I bought it on the spot--what service!
^ i check the vancouver craigslist religiously

no jems to report yet

currently tho im basically lookin for a carvin, cuz i really want to try one before i decide on buying one.
If you enter "Craigslist" and "____ bass" in Google, it will search for that bass in Craig's List from around the world. It might better your chances.

I LOVE the Carvin LB-70F, by the way. Its fretless "mwah" factor is awesome--and it is a very fast and easy bass to play. I converted mine into a 5 string!
Quote by jaco de lucia
If you enter "Craigslist" and "____ bass" in Google, it will search for that bass in Craig's List from around the world. It might better your chances.

I LOVE the Carvin LB-70F, by the way. Its fretless "mwah" factor is awesome--and it is a very fast and easy bass to play. I converted mine into a 5 string!

tnx for the tip!

but i meant amp. i like my bass for now.