This is a thread for those who want to express their own opinions on which guitars they like or prefer, that do not fit the mainstream catergory.

By this i mean makes such as:Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson etc

It can be a custom maker or just smaller brands, e.g Maton.

Tell us why that make or model is great and you can even provide handy links so people can check em out!

I would like to start it off with a site called http://www.conklinguitars.com/index.html

Amazing.
Gabel showed me a swedish company called 'Eagle' that make a variety of orignal guitars, sorry no link right now.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
well, of course their is agile. if you dont live in jersey, there is always rondomusic.com. love 'em.
I can pretty much guarantee you this:

If the only guitars you've played are: Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Dean, ESP, Jackson,
PRS, Parker, BC Rich or Shecter. Including any of thier most ultra exclusive, most
expensive Customs, you would still be AMAZED by an Alembic.

www.alembic.com
I tell you a mini-brand so stay well away from....GK....has anyone heard of this brand besides me? They make strat copies...that suck badly, but has anyone heard of them?
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by edg
I can pretty much guarantee you this:

If the only guitars you've played are: Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Dean, ESP, Jackson,
PRS, Parker, BC Rich or Shecter. Including any of thier most ultra exclusive, most
expensive Customs, you would still be AMAZED by an Alembic.

www.alembic.com

Wow. I could drool over these for the whole day...

I'd buy their basses...
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Well, Over Recent years I've Really seen the Quality of Fender Equipment take a Seriouse Nose-Dive. Starting in the Early 1990's when they Stopped using Nitrocelulous to finish Guitars...once they stopped finishing the guitars in Nitro' it was like no matter how well you took care of your instrament...it looked like you left it outside in the rain after like under Six Weeks after the original Purchase of the Instrament. Along with that, my father is an Antique Fender Amplifier Collecter & Amp Tech (Original Fender Tube Amps from the Mid-60's are his favorite thing...I think he likes his 1965 Black-Faced Fender Band-Master better then he likes me...his son hahahahaha) but I've seen him both Aquire to own & Bring them into his Shop to Fix them for individual people...the Brand New (Manufactured between 1998-Now) Re-Issues & the Just Brand New Off-The-Line ones...& What seems to always f-in' just Blow-Up on them is the Power Transformers & he's allways gotta Re-Tube them & Re-Cap them.,,They just don't make 'em like they used to...
These Days... Fender Quality's gone down over the past few years, Gibson (And Epiphone) Quality has gone-up a bit...but Christ Knows YOU PAY FOR THOSE FRIGGIN' THINGS...Jacksons Are UN-REAL!! Ibanez...I Have a Pretty High-End Ibanez...& The only thing I could possibly imagine Steve Vai & Joe Satriani to be doing with those things...Is Get their Full-Time Guitar Techs to get them NOT TO PLAY LIKE AN IBANEZ...Squires...Are Really Good...It's just The Pickups & the Tuning Machines they put on those things in Production ARE CRAP...
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
I don't want to sound cliche, but the Red Special (Not taking into consideration the fact that it was reproduced. It's still got a tone that I just.. love. It's so distinct.
Quote by Pedricko
Gabel showed me a swedish company called 'Eagle' that make a variety of orignal guitars, sorry no link right now.

Yeah they pwn. I will post a link (but its in swedish), but heres some words you migth want to know:

http://www.jam.se/eagle.html

Halv- akustisk= Semi hollow
Lönn= maple
Stock= Center peice
Stall= Bridge
Hals= Neck
Kropp= Body
Rundgång= feedback
Greppbräda= Fretboard
Rosenträ= Rosewood
Al= Alder
Ask= Ash
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ Those are some nice guitars, but this has to be the ugliest POS I've ever seen (it's from that site)

Hai UG!
Quote by Gabel
Yeah they pwn. I will post a link (but its in swedish), but heres some words you migth want to know:

http://www.jam.se/eagle.html

Halv- akustisk= Semi hollow
Lönn= maple
Stock= Center peice
Stall= Bridge
Hals= Neck
Kropp= Body
Rundgång= feedback
Greppbräda= Fretboard
Rosenträ= Rosewood
Al= Alder
Ask= Ash

My friend has an "Eagle" strat, but it looks nothing like those. Its entirely one piece too.
^OK. Maybe its not the same brand? Since Eagle is only here in Sweden, Denmar and Germany (but only called Eagle in Sweden).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
^OK. Maybe its not the same brand? Since Eagle is only here in Sweden, Denmar and Germany (but only called Eagle in Sweden).

Iunno. Maybe.
Quote by Mazz-
Well, Over Recent years I've Really seen the Quality of Fender Equipment take a Seriouse Nose-Dive. Starting in the Early 1990's when they Stopped using Nitrocelulous to finish Guitars...once they stopped finishing the guitars in Nitro' it was like no matter how well you took care of your instrament...it looked like you left it outside in the rain after like under Six Weeks after the original Purchase of the Instrament. Along with that, my father is an Antique Fender Amplifier Collecter & Amp Tech (Original Fender Tube Amps from the Mid-60's are his favorite thing...I think he likes his 1965 Black-Faced Fender Band-Master better then he likes me...his son hahahahaha) but I've seen him both Aquire to own & Bring them into his Shop to Fix them for individual people...the Brand New (Manufactured between 1998-Now) Re-Issues & the Just Brand New Off-The-Line ones...& What seems to always f-in' just Blow-Up on them is the Power Transformers & he's allways gotta Re-Tube them & Re-Cap them.,,They just don't make 'em like they used to...
These Days... Fender Quality's gone down over the past few years, Gibson (And Epiphone) Quality has gone-up a bit...but Christ Knows YOU PAY FOR THOSE FRIGGIN' THINGS...Jacksons Are UN-REAL!! Ibanez...I Have a Pretty High-End Ibanez...& The only thing I could possibly imagine Steve Vai & Joe Satriani to be doing with those things...Is Get their Full-Time Guitar Techs to get them NOT TO PLAY LIKE AN IBANEZ...Squires...Are Really Good...It's just The Pickups & the Tuning Machines they put on those things in Production ARE CRAP...

That's really irritating.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
anyone heard of a Phantom Rockmaster?
Joe Walsh = one of the best legends in the history of the world.
heheheheh!!!!!

damn, wheres the eagles avatar?
Quote by Mazz-
Well, Over Recent years I've Really seen the Quality of Fender Equipment take a Seriouse Nose-Dive. Starting in the Early 1990's when they Stopped using Nitrocelulous to finish Guitars...once they stopped finishing the guitars in Nitro' it was like no matter how well you took care of your instrament...it looked like you left it outside in the rain after like under Six Weeks after the original Purchase of the Instrament.

Thats completly wrong, firstly they stop using nitro waaaay before the 90's, they still use it on reissues but over a thin coat of poly.

secondly nitro ages/wears worse that poly. So that thing about "if it isnt nitro it gets wrecked after 6 weeks" is completely false.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side