First, "Pitchfork Music Festival" is not a reflection of the Pitchfor website, with utterly disgusting reviews about trashy "in" bands at the moment.

I'll let the line-up speak for itself...

Day One:
Silver Jews
The Walkmen
The Futureheads
Ted Leo / Pharmacists
Art Brut
Destroyer
Mountain Goats
Band of Horses
Man Man
Chin Up Chin Up
Hot Machines

plus Biz 3 stage:
A-Trak
Matthew Dear
Matmos
Spank Rock
Ghislain Poirier
Tyondai Braxton
Chicago Underground Duo
Flosstradamus
8 Bold Souls

Day Two:
Os Mutantes
Spoon
Yo La Tengo
Devendra Banhart
Mission of Burma
Aesop Rock & Mr. Lif
Liars
The National
Jens Lekman
Danielson
Tapes 'n Tapes

plus Biz 3 stage:
Diplo
Dominik Eulberg
Glenn Kotche
Ada
Tarantula A.D.
Cage
CSS
Bonde Do Role
Jeff Parker / Nels
Cline Quartet

The festival takes place in Chicago's Union Park. Tickets are at the insanely miniscule price of $20 single day, $30 both days.

More information can be found at: http://pitchforkmusicfestival.com/
Listen to my music here
omfg! great line up and so cheap...
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
If I were going to go to Chicago for a festival, I'd go for Lollapalooza instead. Sonic Youth and the Flaming Lips, need I say more?

I don't know many of those bands, except for Silver Jews, Yo La Tengo, Spoon, and Devendra Banhart. (by know I mean have listened to and liked)
Looks damn good, but I doubt I'll be making it to Chicago. Not much really strikes me on the first day, though, other than The Mountain Goats and Destroyer. Second day looks a bit better, I've been getting into Danielson a lot lately and I'm sure Mission of Burma will put on a show. Can't go wrong for $30, though.
Last edited by slinks at Jun 26, 2006,
Heard about this for quite a while now due to the MG getting added. If I were to go I'd see...

Day One:
Silver Jews
Ted Leo / Pharmacists
Mountain Goats
Chin Up Chin Up

plus Biz 3 stage:
Matmos
Spank Rock

Day Two:
Os Mutantes
Spoon
Devendra Banhart
Mission of Burma
Jens Lekman
Danielson

plus Biz 3 stage:
Tarantula A.D.

... but that's if I was from Chicago and could actually cope with having Pitchfork stuck in my face for 48 hours.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by andrewbiles
but that's if I was from Chicago and could actually cope with having Pitchfork stuck in my face for 48 hours.

Ha, this.

I'm sure if there was such a thing as a fit induced by overexposure to asymmetrical haircuts, this would be the perfect place at which to experience it.
i imagine this would be good, but i cant see it having much of a festival vibe...
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
i'd only really go for the silver jews. but even at that, i wouldn't feel right giving pitchfork money, no matter how little the price.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
i imagine this would be good, but i cant see it having much of a festival vibe...

what do you mean by that?

is it that there wont be too many people or ..... ?
Quote by The Mofaster
what do you mean by that?

is it that there wont be too many people or ..... ?

i imagine itll feel more like two stages with bands on all day than a festival...
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
im pretty sick of people bitching about pitchfork on the grounds of how elitist and snobby they are, when the real reason is that one of their reviews cut through the bull**** of some band you like.

sorry.
it's not that they're snobby, i think. it's that they are **** themselves. i haven't read a review on that site in a long time that actually talked about the album being reviewed. they used to be pretty on top of their news, but that in the past year has also gone downhill. you hear about thing days before they post it. their daily features aren't half bad though.
looks like decent lineup, haven't heard of a lot of the names but some of them look good. I think the Pitchfork reviewers just enjoy ripping into popular bands and hyped up bands, and promoting quite obscure less well known bands. Maybe they think it adds to the 'indie credibility' of the site. A lot of the reviews seem to be pretty biased to me.
i dreamed i saw st. augustine
alive with fiery breath
and i dreamed i was amongst the ones
that put him out to death.
Quote by *Truly Ninja*
im pretty sick of people bitching about pitchfork on the grounds of how elitist and snobby they are, when the real reason is that one of their reviews cut through the bull**** of some band you like.

sorry.

That'd be the reason if their reviews actually had something to do with the music...
Never liked that site though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic