what would a good scale or mode be to make something sound medieval

or just how would i make something sound medieval
Quote by MightyAl
The best way to approach a group of girls is wearing a dirty old trenchcoat with nothing underneath. Open it in slow motion, while making your 'orgasm face', and then run like hell.

]
^ yeah exactly, like the basic principal behind what most people think is medieval is natural minor or harmonic minor, but due to all the different types of music that was created over a couple hundred years during that time there are LOTS of different kinds of medieval sounding songs most are simply the major/minor scale or one of their modes.
I think Nothing Else Mtters sounds kinda medieval, and it's in Natural minor
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by bangoodcharlote
What do you mean by medieval?

its hard to explain what i mean, but like the kind of music you'd expect to hear from medieval times i. e it reminds me of like kings nad knights and weird crap liek that

my friend and i are gonna try to write a rock opera like that lol

right now i have this cool 12/8 chord progression and a riff that reminds me of medieval times but i want to know how to know what im doing doing instead of just making up stuff that hopefulyl sounds like it
Quote by MightyAl
The best way to approach a group of girls is wearing a dirty old trenchcoat with nothing underneath. Open it in slow motion, while making your 'orgasm face', and then run like hell.

]
Quote by bangoodcharlote
What do you mean by medieval?

I'm thinking along the lines of Finntroll?

The only thing I can think of is to use Harmonic or Melodic Minor scales. That or... use a church organ maybe?

Edit: You know, your name could be taken to read "Bang Good Charlotte". I dont think that was the general message you were going for .
Last edited by guywithguitar at Jun 26, 2006,
Quote by Zamboni
^Your sig makes me hot.

Glad to be of service
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...