What humbucker in the neck position would best help me with that Allman Brother sound? Money is not really an issue, but let's say under 150 USD. If there is one that is much better and is over the pricfe limit, feel free to suggest it. I have heard a great deal about Bareknuckle pick ups, but shipping to the USA from the UK doesn't seem very cost efficient. Thank you for your help.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
amp., guitar? we need more information
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

SD '59? it would help to know more about your current set up.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
I would be putting it in the neck of a Gibson Les Paul Studio. As far as amplification, I own a number. The three main ones would be a Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier, a Marshall JCM 800 212 combo, and then a brown Fender Blues Jr.. I hope this information is helpful.
Quote by RHCP94
Any suggestions, guys?
Quote by RHCP94
^If I decided to get one from Bareknuckle, wouldn't I want the Stormy Monday since that sort of is the pick up designed to sound like the Allman Brothers?
Quote by RHCP94
^ maybe, go to the bareknuckle forum to find out.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Doesn't Duane use a stock Gibson pickup?
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
Wouldn't a Gibson 57 classic be perfect?

and by the way, you've got a very cool rig
Quote by E Daws
^If I decided to get one from Bareknuckle, wouldn't I want the Stormy Monday since that sort of is the pick up designed to sound like the Allman Brothers?

the stormy monday is another good choice, I stand by the mule though, prehaps you should visit the forum as suggested by Dave, or e-mail Tim (i think thats his name)
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Yes Tim is extremely helpful and will be glad to help.

But I'm sticking with the gibsons
Alright, I'm going to e-mail Tim about those two and check out the forum. Thanks for the help.
Quote by RHCP94
gibson 57 classic just arent that. they dont do classic very well. gibson burst buckers are where its at. those are more paf replica than the 57 classic. look at burst buckers.
Guitars
Fender Telecaster 72 deluxe reissue
BCRich Neckthru mockingbird w/ floyd
Franken Strat, that i built
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
Mapex Pro M classic Sabian AA/Paiste 2002 cymbals Iron Cobra
Edit: Shh, im an Idiot, I thought you were talking about Betts, not Duane (RIP)

Yeah, stock Burstbuckers, or 57 Classics, though I still think a Seymour Duncan 59, or a Bareknuckle Mule could nail it.
i have the SD 59 in my flying V and it rips up a tube amp. but solid state it lacks.
Guitars
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
Quote by AcDc_1337
i have the SD 59 in my flying V and it rips up a tube amp. but solid state it lacks.

But frankly.. what pickup doesnt lack in solid state? Solid state amps only really give you an impresssion of the characteristics of the pickup.
yeah, if you have high output pups, it works good though. my friends tex mex humbucker goes through his line 6 and it screams, i play my V through it, and it sucks. weird :|
Guitars
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums