I know you guys are gonna rape me and say it sucks, but whatever.

First one:

http://jjk11.dmusic.com
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
For some reason, everyone always rapes your recordings

But I like this one. I think this is your best Stevie recording. I'm digging your tone and the playing just needs a little cleaning up but then it will be great. Keep it up

BTW what tab did you use?
It was 75% improv. And you're right, people don't seem to like my stuff around here. What are you gonna do?
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
the way i see it

if you got the balls to attempt to cover a srv song

then you desearve some cred
Yeah I suppose. When I attempt SRV stuff I just try to get the general feel of the song, then do my own thing from there. I'm not going to cover his stuff note for note. That's not really what I like to do, at least not anymore.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
the fills leading up to the crazy signature lenny chord, EMaj7add6 (i think), were consistently solid, i think you played the notes right after the chord a little too staccato though..

the improv was passionate and cool because you added your own style to the song while still maintaining its identity! Some of the riffs were very fluid although others, like i said earlier, were a little too staccato..

if you work on getting your chops to flow into each other (pay attention to the changes by the rhythm section ...E-A in the main "verse" and then A-A#-B-D-G-A#-A in the part leading to the refrain (crazy chord)... and what chords stevie accents in his lead parts, this is something i have to work on too) you could get lethal in no time

I would love to hear this over a backing track.. i got mine at http://www.guitarbt.com/index.php?page=dl_list

good stuff though man, i'm diggin it keep em coming
LOT OF FEELING! Good job! Ther were a couple of spots that could use some improvement. But I think most of the problem has to do with not playing with someone else to keep you going. Have you tried playing with a metronome?
Overall very good!! 9/10

CRIT 4 CRIT PLEASE!!!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382545
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
Thanks for the comments Alpine. I added a backing and did some serious improv this time. Also I think I was out of time with the backing at first. Still, check it out!
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
yer thats pretty good. sure there's room for improvement but it's still solid. i should be posting my version sometime in the next few days. how long you been playing for?
Quote by stratrocker
yer thats pretty good. sure there's room for improvement but it's still solid. i should be posting my version sometime in the next few days. how long you been playing for?

A year. Yeah post yours soon, I like to hear other people's versions of songs I'm learning.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Ok Ill also CRIT your Blackbird song, just because I love playing that song, no I dont hav it recorded yet cuz I forgot about it till I saw it in your Que. I thought it was kinda rushed but slowed down very good. All the notes are there!! Loved it just need some vocals.. not as good as you Lenny..

Sorry to crit this song on this board but didnt know if you had it up anywhere else..

CRIT mine PLEASE, dieing for more input!!!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382545
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
Quote by JJK
Thanks for the comments Alpine. I added a backing and did some serious improv this time. Also I think I was out of time with the backing at first. Still, check it out!

yeah i had trouble with the timing in my intro as well.. i listened to the actual song and stevie changes tempo a couple times in the intro but i still think whoever made the backing track got it wrong...
Hey guys.. could you critic what little I have done? http://sanders4617.dmusic.com

Sorry for the quality.. I am gonna try to learn some more of it tonight.

Update:
Ok.. So I added another one. I got the backing track and did the whole song.. I'm sure I missed a bunch of key parts to the song after the first minute. heh. I just improvised after that.. and I missed some parts where I was suppose to go back to the main melody. Critic that one too plz. It should be better quality than the first one.
Last edited by sanders4617 at Jun 27, 2006,
I'm liking the video. Dude your guitar is ownage. I love that natural wood finish.

But again very nice.

Lol I can't get enough of it