Page 1 of 3
Hmm...so yeah, my last thread got closed. I know it wasn't my fault, because this is in the right forum and there's no other threads. So, whoever got this closed, just don't post please. And if you do, don't say things that will start flame wars and get my damn thread closed again.

Now then, I was wondering, what kind of amps do CoF use? I looked on their website and it doesn't have a gear list anywhere.
If that's all you wanted to ask maybe the "Gear" forums would have been a better place to ask
Quote by frozen-dirt
don't say things that will start flame wars and get my damn thread closed again
Wouldn't creating a thread about CoF kinda fall into that category...?
I actually dont mind COF, I like some of their stuff and I sometimes wonder why people hate them so much
Quote by spike101
I actually dont mind COF, I like some of their stuff and I sometimes wonder why people hate them so much

My thoughts exatly young Jedi
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by spike101

I think the problem a lot of people have with Cradle is Dani being an annoying little shit whos vocals resemble that of a castrated donkey.
If they had any other vocalist, I would listen to them.
Yeah, I guess Dani is what turns alot of people off. I don't mind his vocals, although he looks like a douchebag. I like the backing gutterals in some of the songs alot though.
Dusk ... and Her Embrace = quite good

Cruelty and the Beast = starting to lack

everything after that = really bad
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Overly done topic. Dani is a good writer, bad singer, and their sound was good until Cruelty. All there is to say about them.
Disclaimer :

Check sticky threads. Check the FAQ. And if you talk too much:Golden teaching
I have to say that Dusk and Her Embrace is a damn good album. Although after Cruelty and the Beast, they went downhill. Midian was less than average, and Damnation and A Day and Nymphetamine sucked big time.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Cradle of Filth is a pretty sweet band. I love how in Nympethamine it sounds "halloweenish" (that's the word my grandma used when i showed her the song). I really like Gilded ****. That's a good one.
Love's not your loss but it's nailed to my cross and cruisfied all that you held onto.
Quote by chylde_of_fire
I think the problem a lot of people have with Cradle is Dani being an annoying little shit whos vocals resemble that of a castrated donkey.
If they had any other vocalist, I would listen to them.

agreed
Quote by <><
Wouldn't creating a thread about CoF kinda fall into that category...?

Only because a lot of metal fans tend to be stuck up jack asses who refuse to accept not everyone finds the same thing to sound good... Nevermind music is entirely subjective.

Cradle of Filth is my favorite band. I just need two more CDs and I should be getting those very soon. Then I may start hunting down casette tapes.
Quote by Cthulhu Dawn
A great renewal growls at hand
And only when they're running
Will they come to understand...

So ends the pitiful reign of man
Quote by XxCoFxX
Only because a lot of metal fans tend to be stuck up jack asses who refuse to accept not everyone finds the same thing to sound good... Nevermind music is entirely subjective.

Cradle of Filth is my favorite band. I just need two more CDs and I should be getting those very soon. Then I may start hunting down casette tapes.

...do you know what subjective means?
Quote by VomitalXX
...do you know what subjective means?

I suppose arbitrary would have been a better choice of word... Though subjective is still basically correct.
Quote by Cthulhu Dawn

Quote by Varyag
^ You mean objective.

No, I don't. Objective is factually based and not influenced by emotions or preferences. This would be saying that you can actually prove that Cradle is a bad band, while in reality a band's "goodness" or "badness" differs from person to person based on their own opinion of the band.
Quote by Cthulhu Dawn

Quote by XxCoFxX
No, I don't. Objective is factually based and not influenced by emotions or preferences. This would be saying that you can actually prove that Cradle is a bad band, while in reality a band's "goodness" or "badness" differs from person to person based on their own opinion of the band.

While semantical arguments annoy me greatly, you did use the term while being sarcastic (signified by the proceeding emoticon) and thus your beliefs are necessarily the opposite.
Quote by VomitalXX
While semantical arguments annoy me greatly, you did use the term while being sarcastic (signified by the proceeding emoticon) and thus your beliefs are necessarily the opposite.

The opposite of what I originally posted about music taste being subjective?
Quote by Cthulhu Dawn

Has anyone heard that Halloween song or whatever. Their cover by Samhain. It's on the Underwork: Evolution soundtrack. Dani sings clean for the first time ever, and I gotta say, I was pleasantly suprised. I think he was a wonderful singing voice. I think he should sing in at least a few songs here and there.

And as for the band, I love em.
Quote by Mudvayne_4_Life
Has anyone heard that Halloween song or whatever. Their cover by Samhain. It's on the Underwork: Evolution soundtrack. Dani sings clean for the first time ever, and I gotta say, I was pleasantly suprised. I think he was a wonderful singing voice. I think he should sing in at least a few songs here and there.

And as for the band, I love em.

Where can I hear this? Behold, for I am curious!

Kein Engel kommt um euch zu rächen...

Quote by Spynal
I think I speak for the entire metal forum when I say it is an absolute HONOR to have you on these forums Mr. Vikernes.
Midian is my favorite CoF album of all time.... Ever.
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
me loves cradle of filth (no i'm not a g0ffic fanboy.)

i regularly listen to their entire discography, the old stuff (Principles to Dusk and her Embrace) are quality gothic metal with black influences (if thats wrong dont kill me please)

but anyways i love all their stuff, and Dani's vocals grew on me the first time i listened to them
lol well i think they're pretty good, i only got damnation and a day and nymphetamine and i reckon nymph has great music. dont care much for the vocals but the riffing is cool...very old school metal. love it
Hmm well what would you say it is? It does have black elements to it apart from the lyrics
yes but like you said it does have black elements, really its just gothic metal with black influences on their earlier albums
Quote by VomitalXX
Yes. So... you would mean to say objective.

No I wouldn't. Music "goodness" and "badness" is entirely subjective. The smiley a chose was more to suggest that they are ridiculously ignorant in their arrogance.

It's more like rolling my eyes looking at the little idiots.
Quote by Cthulhu Dawn

Quote by NAME GOES HERE
Where can I hear this? Behold, for I am curious!

HW2 - Cradle of Filth

Only the chorus is clean.
Quote by Cthulhu Dawn

Quote by XxCoFxX
No I wouldn't. Music "goodness" and "badness" is entirely subjective. The smiley a chose was more to suggest that they are ridiculously ignorant in their arrogance.

It's more like rolling my eyes looking at the little idiots.

Are you foreign? Your understanding of English is very lacking. Perhaps I can clear something up for you: when you are being sarcastic, your perspective is necessarily the opposite of that which you are putting as jocularly incorrect. Meaning that you would have to think music was objective--which you do not; so to be correct in the English language (and this is an English forum) you would have to say objective, period.

"Why don't you watch CMT more often?"
"Oh yeah, because I just LOVE country music "
"You don't?"
"Actually I do."

Makes no sense.
Page 1 of 3