rayIII
the whitey
1,912 IQ
wtf.... is anyone else getting a ****ed up response when trying to go to the other one? well... start over (when the previous one gets workin I'll delete this thread)

Geddy up!

god they look like such freaks
Johnsonville
BLUES Boy
532 IQ
Geddy is in da housei reckon if he was raised now adays he would of been a wigger
Quote by Frank Zappa
Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"
FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"

92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music post
Maet
906 IQ
I thought you meant nonsensical posts, but upon checking there... what is up with that?
rayIII
the whitey
1,912 IQ
they look so weird (specially Alex, looks like a doll that kills people at night)

THEY'RE OUR AGE!!

so everyone post pics of Geddy

haha

tat bass is teh pwnzage

as you can tell I feel stupid or somethin tonight
Last edited by rayIII at Jun 26, 2006,
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina
2,308 IQ
^^^ Are you drunk?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Joe-Fish
MOON ROCKS
1,617 IQ
I want that bass that thing is t3h sw33tn3ss. what year were those pictures of Geddy and Alex?
me_and_my_esp
Roger = HOTT
25 IQ
hahaha Alex looks like a mix of young Manny Legace and young Chris Osgood

LMAO

Manny and Chris are Red Wings goalies btw

but Rush, man, they are one of my fav bands. hmm... top 7 probably. i love their style... as well as Geddy's voice though that took some getting used to
*Member of Teenage Wasteland Club*(working to inform the un-informed)

Cofounder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a who obsessor pm me,

mem no 2 of the Who fan club, PM me.

www.myspace.com/rogerdaltreysgirlfriend
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
Quote by findingmyway
I want that bass that thing is t3h sw33tn3ss.
He has two doubleneck basses...a bass/6 string guitar and a bass/12 string guitar

it's 80s Mullet Lifeson!
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
rayIII
the whitey
1,912 IQ
yeah... so anyone have the new dvd(s)?

what's your favorite?

(and I'm sorry to hear about your hard drive BrainDamage )

Quote by Derigiberble
^^^ Are you drunk?

no, just every once in a while I feel the urge to bombard you all with nonsensicle posts
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
Quote by rayIII

(and I'm sorry to hear about your hard drive BrainDamage )
eh, it's old news...I've tried to move on I have gotten a few shows back in lossless quality, and once a friend of mine gets back from vacation, I should get all my Aerosmith back and then some.

I have Replay x3...I watched Exit...Stage Left, which was amazing, but haven't watched A Show of Hands or the Grace Under Pressure DVD yet.
Quote by Thefallofman
Maet
906 IQ
Quote by rayIII
no, just every once in a while I feel the urge to bombard you all with nonsensicle posts

I think you just stole my word.... bastard...

I have R30 and Rush in Rio, and I hope to pick up the two box set tomorrow. R30 is my favourite though. I just love the medelys.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
^^great live DVD. The R30 Medley is awesome.
Quote by Thefallofman
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
^^Yeah, I really enjoy it.

I find the video they play on the screen after The Seeker, and is meant to flow into Tom Sawyer is awesome and quite funny.
Maet
906 IQ
"Darn That Dragon" is what it's called. Great segway.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
^^I haven't watched the whole Darn That Dragon, but the bobbleheads bobbing in sync with Tom Sawyer is awesome
Quote by Thefallofman
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
^^Oh, well I'd highly recommend the video to you - you would thoroughly enjoy it.
I have R30, I just haven't bothered watching it. And even though Maet provided a link to it, I'm not going to pause the music I'm listening to
Quote by Thefallofman
Maet
906 IQ
The first time I went to the trouble of using youtube for someone else, and no one appreciates it.

Fuck you, free online video.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
^^ alright, I'll go watch it.
Quote by Thefallofman
heaven's gate
Banned
432 IQ
rush is terrible. instrumentals too thick, vocals too thin. TOO thin. WAY TOO thin
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina
2,308 IQ
Quote by heaven's gate
rush is terrible. instrumentals too thick, vocals too thin. TOO thin. WAY TOO thin

You're a dick.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
rayIII
the whitey
1,912 IQ
Quote by Maet
The first time I went to the trouble of using youtube for someone else, and no one appreciates it.

Fuck you, free online video.

haha luckily Southern Man just finished so I can listen to it

EDIT: what in the HELL did I just watch?!?

lmao Rush are such nerds (sorry but you know it's true)
Last edited by rayIII at Jul 2, 2006,
Brandon860
They call me... Brough
592 IQ
Quote by heaven's gate

you my friend are a complete ****ing idiot
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Maet
906 IQ
Yeah, Rush really are the ultimate nerd band. They certainly aren't the most photogenic people in the world, and they write songs about trees and interstellar galactic federations for christs sakes!

Just goes to show you that if you're addicted to WoW, and can play the drums like a techincal beast, you can still make it.

And in terms of recommendations for a first Rush album, you can't go wrong with Moving Pictures, A Farewell To Kings or Vapor Trails.
VR05
Miracle Train Fan
361 IQ
Quote by Maet
Just goes to show you that if you're addicted to WoW, and can play the drums like a techincal beast, you can still make it.

Hahahaha, it's so true, though. Neil Peart pretty much read any book he could on his free time.

But my #1 recommendation would be 2112, I absolutely love that album, it's my favorite Rush album, easily.
Trey is a Jedi.

Co-Founder of the Ten Years After Fan Club. PM me or TheHeartbreaker to join.

Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.
TestForEcho
Cool and remote
171 IQ
Rush are one of the few bands that when I'm listening I will suddenly be overcome with thoughts of, "This is amazing. Oh my God music is such a beautiful art."

Everyone post your best Rush pictures.

I figured since this is a Geddy thread:

me_and_my_esp
Roger = HOTT
25 IQ
^ nice pic

I LOVE THAT BASS. RICKENBACKER IS THE KING OF ALL GUITARS/BASSES. really comfortable to play too

IMO, Rush is one of the most talented bands out there. Geddy and Neil especially. I think of Neil's drumming style as a hybrid between Kieth Moon, Bohnam, and... lets say Baker. He can go COMPLETELY nuts with the whole machine gun drumming, as I call it, but can still have an organized, hard beat like Bohnam and Baker.

For bass, i like to actually hear the bass, so Geddy kicks ass. I love bass as an intrument cause it can completely dominate a song, but it doesnt have to. In order for somebody to dominate a song in bass, however, you need to be extremely talented and not just do A A A A A A A A D D D D D D D D G G G G G G G G A A A A A . John Entwistle can, and so can Geddy.

Alex, meh, he's good and all, but in a band with people like geddy and neil... I'd like to see more of him. he's talented, also, but i feel that he gets overshadowed sometimes by geddy's synths in songs. The synth work is great, but cmon. Thats why i like early Rush b4 geddy discovered synth

ok rant over. enjoy it?
*Member of Teenage Wasteland Club*(working to inform the un-informed)

Cofounder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a who obsessor pm me,

mem no 2 of the Who fan club, PM me.

www.myspace.com/rogerdaltreysgirlfriend
Lydian_Mode
Perfect SAT Score
468 IQ
Darn that Dragon was great. And so is rush. MY two favorite albums are Moving Pictures and 2112
Mr. Allan wrote:
This is like saying you're not allowed to jerk off over the girl next door unless you have a license and written permission from her. Which, of course, is bullsh*t
Maet
906 IQ
Quote by me_and_my_esp
^ nice pic

I LOVE THAT BASS. RICKENBACKER IS THE KING OF ALL GUITARS/BASSES. really comfortable to play too

IMO, Rush is one of the most talented bands out there. Geddy and Neil especially. I think of Neil's drumming style as a hybrid between Kieth Moon, Bohnam, and... lets say Baker. He can go COMPLETELY nuts with the whole machine gun drumming, as I call it, but can still have an organized, hard beat like Bohnam and Baker.

For bass, i like to actually hear the bass, so Geddy kicks ass. I love bass as an intrument cause it can completely dominate a song, but it doesnt have to. In order for somebody to dominate a song in bass, however, you need to be extremely talented and not just do A A A A A A A A D D D D D D D D G G G G G G G G A A A A A . John Entwistle can, and so can Geddy.

Alex, meh, he's good and all, but in a band with people like geddy and neil... I'd like to see more of him. he's talented, also, but i feel that he gets overshadowed sometimes by geddy's synths in songs. The synth work is great, but cmon. Thats why i like early Rush b4 geddy discovered synth

ok rant over. enjoy it?

Vapor Trails (2002) doesn't have a synth on it.