Im almost set on an Ibanez RG1570. I was reading reviews, which said you should change the pickups when you get it. I was thinking of getting the bridge and neck DiMarzio Evolution pickups, which together are $150. How good would the pickups be with this guitar? I know it was designed for Steve Vai, and Vai uses Ibanez, so im guessing itl work well. The guitar is Basswood by the way. Is this a good idea?
I suggest that you keep the stock pickups for a few weeks first. You may just like them. And you know the saying, "Don't fix it if it isn't broken."

As for basswood, my WI14 is made of basswood and it sounds fine. I don't see why it would be a bad choice if you like the guitar.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
why would you pay out your hard earned money on a guitar that isnt perfect for you,i think you should get a guitar that already has the good pickups,chances are there will be other things on it thats better also.
Well im trying to find the best guitar for under $1,000 for me. The RG1570 seems great. Its only $750, and comes with a case and wah pedal. I also want amazing pickups to further make the guitar sound better. The pickups are $150, so itl be $900 total.
Wow, this is the exact same guitar I plan to get very soon.

Ibanez...<3

I love you~

I'm getting it in mirage blue. I probably won't change anything about it unless I just simply cannot stand something.
Currently: with her lover.

Minez gweetah ==> Ibanez RGT6EXFX..

The echoes of my voice
follow me down...
^ I am sorry but imo they are the ugliest guitars created.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Quote by killthelights17
Wow, this is the exact same guitar I plan to get very soon.

Ibanez...<3

I love you~

I'm getting it in mirage blue. I probably won't change anything about it unless I just simply cannot stand something.

Yeah it looks great, I imagine it looks even better in person.
Quote by TJM2482
Yeah it looks great, I imagine it looks even better in person.

I met a guy at this camp I went to who has one and I've played it...best 20 minutes of my musical life...and the color changing is amazing.

I'm obsessed with it. Although I wonder what type of amp I should pair with it for the best sound...
Currently: with her lover.

Minez gweetah ==> Ibanez RGT6EXFX..

The echoes of my voice
follow me down...
Please tell me that you aren't basing your decision on the ONE rating of 10/10/10/10 on Musician's Friend and the free wah pedal...

My advice is this. Even if you can get an amazing deal on a guitar you like, there's no point in buying it when it's not a guitar you love. Go for the guitar you REALLY want. Don't settle for a deal on a guitar you just sort of want.

Also, TRY IT FIRST!!!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Please tell me that you aren't basing your decision on the ONE rating of 10/10/10/10 on Musician's Friend and the free wah pedal...

My advice is this. Even if you can get an amazing deal on a guitar you like, there's no point in buying it when it's not a guitar you love. Go for the guitar you REALLY want. Don't settle for a deal on a guitar you just sort of want.

Also, TRY IT FIRST!!!

I would have to drive an hour just to try it out, and I dont eve know if that Sam Ash has it.

Im just narrowing down my selection to 2-3 guitars.
^When you're about to spend $750 on a guitar, I don't think that a call to Sam Ash and an hour drive is too much to insure the fact that you actually like this guitar.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I bought this guitar for $450 used. It was less than a year old and still had the original strings on it. I feel bad but the guy just had to pay his bills. Oh well. I love this guitar!!!!!!!!!! I may change the pickups in the future tho.
Well seeing as how Steves JEMs are made from basswood, It should sound similar if you put the Evo pups in it. Also, I would deffinatley play it in person before paying that much for a guitar. Even if it does take an hour to get to the store, you dont want to have to return the guitar because it wasnt right for you.
I thought 1570's came stock with Tone Zone and Air Norton? Those are some nice stock pickups.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
the stock pickups are fine. most people on here just want the ultimate tone from their rig and upgrade the pickups. and look at it this way : unless you hear the pickups you want to put it you wont know what your missing.
there's a reason so many people recommend 1570's round these parts.....
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Don't be fooled by the JEM thing. Vai's main axe, EVO is made of Alder. Also the JEM7WH is Alder. The new JEM that Vai has, the mirror one is made of Basswood and has "BREED" pickups, which are more suited to basswood than Evolutions. Also try checking the DiMarzio website, they have a helpful pickup finder.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!