Hey guys i need help wih tis one. Ive read manuals/reviews, adn everyhitng about these two. They are about the same price. For any of you that have tried or own one of these please tell me how good it is. I want a multi-effects pedal with alot of sounds for recording adn jamming. Ps I already owned a Digitech multi effects, adn it wasnt so good.
Check out my music *
imo, greatest multi FX ever, vox tonelab SE

after that is the pod xt live, followed closely by the gt-8.

the tonelab sounds much more natural, imo.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
oh yeah, 4got about that one. I was wondering how good it would sound thru a solid state amp (the one in my sig)
Check out my music *
dont plug into the amps input. plug it into the FX send, other wise it will sound like ass.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
i can't comment on the gt-8 but the podXT sounds excellent when doing some studio recording or playing through a PA
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
GT-8 pwns the pod live and for effects, and since you record from your amp they will both be the same recording so for the you the GT-8 will be much better, a small tube combo would be much better though

i looked at both the GT-8 and the GT-6 when i bought my GT-6 and they were both very good but i didnt have the money for the GT-8 so i got a used GT-6, this was back in november and i still love it, it has the best distortion but the only thing i dont love about it is its wahs
Last edited by Teleprompters at Jun 28, 2006,
I have the GT-6 and am very happy with it. 2 years and no problems whatsoever and I'm really pleased with the sound quality.
I know a mouse and he hasn't got a house
I don't know why I call him Gerald
He's getting rather old, but he's a good mouse
i would invest in a better amp before thing about a multi-fx unit. It gonna sound horrific through a spider II
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Boss is better with effects, but XT live's amp models are imho way more usable; especially after metal shop-upgrade.

Line6 also has great and easy-to-use editor software and POD XT can be used as an external ASIO-compatible sound card.

As usual, you should go and try them both.

Crappy gear, crappy skills. But at least I'm damn ugly.

I'd say all around the Xt Live is a better unit just because of how well it does everything. GT-8 is great too and has great tone and tons of bells and whistles to keep you glued to it for ages. GT-8's effects are also better. But I don't like its models and it's convoluted interface makes it a pain in the ass.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
all else aside, which one do u think has a better variety for effects/unique sounds for recording. eventually im getting a new amp, so i dont care as much about the amp models (i still want great sounding ones though........), but i want someting with enough variation in effects so i dont have to buy 20 stopboxes....

when i look at the specs, line6 seems to have more effects? (ie: 2 different compressors, lots of different stompbox modelling), but do they sound liek crap?
although i do love Boss's dual cosm modeling (where the picking dynamics change the amp model)
Check out my music *
Last edited by elementskater7s at Jun 28, 2006,
boss's effects are much better qaulity than line6's, this is one of the points which pretty much everybody agrees upon, there are so many crazy effects you will never get bored, and you can make your own patches and place them wherever you want

EDIT: i dont think zoom effects are anything special
Last edited by Teleprompters at Jun 29, 2006,
ok, that alontg with the other stuff u guys said, makes me lean alittle more towards the boss.....
Check out my music *
em you should change that crappy spider II first man pedals dont make that much diffrence compared to a whole new amp.

Get a decent tube amp first or try one out at ur guitar store trust me youll like it.
GT-8, cos it has mesa boogie amp models :P
My gear:
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E
Schecter Damien 6
BOSS GT-8 Multi FX
BOSS MT-2
Quote by gpderek09
imo, greatest multi FX ever, vox tonelab SE

after that is the pod xt live, followed closely by the gt-8.

the tonelab sounds much more natural, imo.

x2.
yeah dotn worry, im getting a new tube amp be4 any of this, my ****ty amp now doesnt even have an effects loop.
Check out my music *