Normally I'm good with this kind of stuff, but this is beyond my confidence.

When I turn on my amp (Fender Rumble 100), it makes a pop sound about every second. I already tested the grounding to make sure its ok.

Any tips?
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Have you checked all the wiring in the amp itself? Maybe it's your bass? You should check the input jack and make sure the wires are all in good condition. Also, on my old bass there was a ground wire under my bridge, maybe you have something similar?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
maybe its popping/ blowing the main fuse?...

I dont know how one would go about fixing this but I suggest you take it to an expert in a music store if you're not confident with your ability to fix the problem...
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Jun 26, 2006,
Quote by hatebreed219
Have you checked all the wiring in the amp itself? Maybe it's your bass? You should check the input jack and make sure the wires are all in good condition. Also, on my old bass there was a ground wire under my bridge, maybe you have something similar?

My bass, by the way, is a fender jazz, if it helps.

But I know its not my bass because it did the same thing when I plugged a cd player into it.

No, I didnt buy it used, and the sound is once every second, too repetetive to be the pots.

Oh, and I might have spilled beer on the back a couple days ago. Not sure if it got inside though.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
if its repetitive than I dont think its the main fuse...I had an amp that would make a loud popping noise whenever I turned it on (only when I turned it on) and the repair guy said the main fuse was being blown whenever the amp was turned on...so thats probably not the problem on your amp...
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
not like the one I had...It made a screechingly loud popping sound and then it failed to produce any sound afterwards...After a while I could turn on the amp again and the same would happen...

If anything you see in that picture (other than the hellish wiring job) could case this, mention it.