Hey everyone:

I got this song done up and I would love some feedback. It is an original tune written, produced, recorded and mixed (not too hard in mono, I know) by myself.

It is the first song up on my MySpace page: Like to Know.
http://www.myspace.com/brettshoffner

There are some others there as well. Please feel free to listen and comment on those as well.

Thanks for taking the time to check this out.
Sounds VERY VERY Bob Dylanish but in my opinion that's a good thing. Maybe develop a little more of your own sound, but other than that, it's great.

The singing stresses sound a little forced too, loosen up a little.

Excellent job.
Takamine EG531SSC - "Kim"
Fender Mexican Stratocaster - "Jessica"
-Texas Special Pickups
Crate Palomino v16 Class A Tube Amp

Well it's floodin down in Texas
Quote by Zhizn
Sounds VERY VERY Bob Dylanish but in my opinion that's a good thing. Maybe develop a little more of your own sound, but other than that, it's great.

The singing stresses sound a little forced too, loosen up a little.

Excellent job.

Thanks man. Yea, vocals aren't the best in the world but I've been gaining confidence in them with time and practice. Thanks again!
Sounds really Jack Johnsonish...too much IMO.
The electric guitar subtracted from the song, by playing really boring little fills too slowly...the licks played were pretty bad...

Wasn't a fan of the vocal singing style really, they sounded really thin and forced.

If you take out the lead guitar and vocals, you have a nice solid band going though.

*Moved to original recordings.*
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Sounds really Jack Johnsonish...too much IMO.
The electric guitar subtracted from the song, by playing really boring little fills too slowly...the licks played were pretty bad...

Wasn't a fan of the vocal singing style really, they sounded really thin and forced.

If you take out the lead guitar and vocals, you have a nice solid band going though.

*Moved to original recordings.*

Well I am not a metal player. I classify myself as folk rock.

It's not electric guitar I played. It's all on an acoustic.

And it's all me. No band. Yes, vocals not the best ever.

Just thought I'd clarify. Thanks for the comments!