is there anything that i can do to make a gibson neck less sticky and make the back faster?
As someone on this board once said:
"The sensation of having a mouth on your penis would be quickly cancelled out by the feeling of having a penis in your mouth."
fast fret from GHS... you can use it on your strings and the back of the neck... beware though it is very slippery.
steel wool finest grit. Lemon oil to clean it up. I guess yo ucan use fast fret, but it's only suposed ot be on the strings as far as I know.
k thanx for the help, will do
As someone on this board once said:
"The sensation of having a mouth on your penis would be quickly cancelled out by the feeling of having a penis in your mouth."
I've discovered this product called Nu Finish. It's for restoring the shine on old auto finishes. I bought it thinking it might improve the gloss of my finishes, which it did, but it also makes necks ultra slick. You might want to try some of it before you take any steel wool to the neck as I feel like this actually makes it faster.
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.
Do you have a studio with a painted neck? I would recommend fast fret or just stripping off the paint. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~