ok well...my buddy got me into a band wit him cuz they do know any bassist really...and the other kid that was supposed to play....cant...so im gunna b in it

we have to learn "Kings Of The Carnival Creation Bass" by Dimmu Borgir

i looked over the tabs......they dont seem tooo hard to play...but i have a couple questions

BRIDGE
G|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|-22222222222222221414141414-12121212-10101010----------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
[\code]

do i play 14th fret over and over and over and then 12 over and over and then 10 over and over

or is it 1 4 1 4 1 4 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 open 1 open 1 open ect. really fast??

i tried to listen to the song but it doesnt help much..

[code]
G|---------------------------------------------|
D|-----3---------------------------------------|
A|------------3-----3------3-----3-4 X12-|
E|-1-1---1-1---1-1---1-1---1-1-----------------|
[/code]

and here.....is that last one that is 1 (e string) 3 (A string) a chord? or was it a typo..??

any help would b appreciated
1) chances are its 14, 12, 10 etc. not 1,4,1,2,1,0. if you listened to the song and you couldnt distinctly hear a high note than a low note, then you can assume its 12,14 etc.

2) chances are its a typo, just treat it as (1-1-3-1-1-3-1-1-3-1-1-3-1-1-3-4)
to be honest, i barely use regular tabs anymore, for 2 reasons:

1) i dont learn other songs nearly as often as i used to, and the ones i do, are the ones you take a long time on, and once you learn them, not only do you know the songs, you've grown better from them. for eg: YYZ, Scarified are what im working on currently. to be able to play those full and clean would be a great accomplishment. im hoping to get there by the end of teh summer, but that might be pushing it. scarified not so much, but i think YYZ has some harder parts (cant remember, ive worked on scarified much longer)

2) i use guitar pro tabs if need be. Very useful, especially in songs like the ones above, that have a lot of fast runs, wierd/hard to get timings, and are generally long songs. great to practice to too.