I have my B-52 AT-100. It definetly has enough gain for most stuff that I need but there are a few parts of songs I need a little more. I was thinking about using a DS-1 as a booster. Would this work? my budget is probably about $60US.

Should I get an overdrive or a DS-1?

If I should get an overdrive, which one?
ds-1 will work. turn the gain all the way down. level all the way up, and tone where desired.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Will I get a good sound out of it? I like the distortion I get now, I just want it a little heavier.
which is going to give me a better crunch? I am playing for a hardcore band so I don't need a bluesy crunch, I need more of a metal tone.
uhhh... tubescreamer or maxon OD?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
uhhh... tubescreamer or maxon OD?

I dont have that money...
How would an Ibanez TS-7 be? I am considering the Boss SD-1 but if it is going to add a lot of noise I would rather avoid it.
ok ignore that noise part, some noise is added when ANY overdrive is used.

I would try those pedals out and see which one you prefer, we gave you some recommendations now run with it.

If your boosting an amp with overdrive then a noise gate would really help.

ISP DECIMATOR. nothing beats it for Noise reduction.
Ok, I will check those pedals out. I will have to wait for an ISP. My bike and cellphone got stolen within 2 days and I had to replace both of them.
^Dude that sux if I had my cellphone stolen I wouldn't be able to do some erm... late-night calls, if you know what I mean
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
^Dude that sux if I had my cellphone stolen I wouldn't be able to do some erm... late-night calls, if you know what I mean

nope... don't know what you mean.
Yea I have an old DS-1 laying around that I use to boost it, but yea I'd check out the SD-1, the actual overdrive, because the DS-1 works, just isn't the best., kind of sucks alot of tone lol, although it's not that bad.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman