i will have been playing one year in august, and im wondering if its a good time to get something with a floyd rose. I have a REALLY crappy ibanez i started on and a jackson RR5. i play alot of van halen, motley crue, ozzy, black label society, 80's kinda stuff. does anybody think that i have progressed enough in my skills(even though no one has heard me), from what i've told you, that it would be a good time to get something like a Shecter C-1 Hellraiser w/ FR. thanks for your input
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
Get a 7 string guitar. Schecter or Ibanez.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by Metalology
Get a 7 string guitar. Schecter or Ibanez.

Well, if he's happy with a 6 string shouldn't he at least try some 7 strings before just getting one?
i really dont like 7-strings. ive played my friends and i didnt like it
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
There is no law that says you have to be at a certain level in playing to get a certain peice of gear. But with a Floyd Rose, you have to think. Do you use a whammy that much? Are you just going to regret getting a guitar with a Floyd? Think about it.

If you feel like you need that new guitar, and if you have the money, and thats what you want to spend on it, then I'd tell you to get it. It will only inspire you to play guitar more!