What do you use the neck pickup for? I usually use the bridge, and was wondering what you guys use the neck pup for? Is it preferably for clean tone or what because when im playin with distortion and all, the neck pup seems to be too Bassy, too much Umph for it to sound good for some reason?

How high do you have your pickup to the strings, it may sound like that because i dont have the pickup at the right height, soooo whats a good height?
My Gear:

2006 Ibanez RG321MH (Swineshead Custom A.M.P. neck & Warthog bridge)
Roland Cube 30
Digitech RP-50
Koss Headphones

Swineshead Runaway Neck
1984 Peavey Mystic
Crate GX15 (overdrive channel is blown)
my guitar sounds too twangy with the bridge pickup, so i usually stick with my neck.
Both of your pickups should be APPROXIMATELY 3/16" or 1/4" away from the strings. Active pickups(e.g. EMGs) can be farther away because of a stronger magnetic field. Some shred players also lower their pickups beyond that general guideline I laid out.
its should be lower than your bridge, use the neck when you want a warmer sound. When usd with distortion, you can get some sweet sweet smooth tones out and some really good sounds!
I'll use the neck pickup of my Agile for lead playing or slower legato runs. On my guitars with single coils I use the neck for lots of blues rhythm, some lead, or when I'm trying to play Pink Floyd/David Gilmour.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I always tend to use the neck pickup on my SG cause I find that it gives a more full sound and its great for cleans
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
I use my neck because my bridge is waaaay to twangy.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
hmm, maybe the runaway neck is too bassy for the ibanez i have???
My Gear:

2006 Ibanez RG321MH (Swineshead Custom A.M.P. neck & Warthog bridge)
Roland Cube 30
Digitech RP-50
Koss Headphones

Swineshead Runaway Neck
1984 Peavey Mystic
Crate GX15 (overdrive channel is blown)
I use my middle position for riffing, the neck + an overdrive for solos. My bridge is mostly for heavy metal stuff, or somtimes if I need a different taste in a solo.