okay i wanna start writing my own music but i dont noe where to start.. I dont have ne music theory knowledge or noe where to get the knowledge.. can ne1 give me some tips or help out thnx
I like to write songs about problems in people's personality, how they act or what they do to become noticed. Also, if you or a friend have had some kind of eye-opening experience, that would be good to write a song about. My general rule is that everyone song should leave the listener with some kind of new knowledge or realisation. Either that or they have to relate to it.
ok thats great advice for the vocals and much appreciated..but wut about guiatar.. how do u noe wut notes sound good combiined in a song?
if you come up with an original riff, & try to put some original words with it, you should be able to hear what fits with what.

thats what i did.

you can play guitar cant you??
Quote by Lord_Of_Dance.

I never understood why a girl would take a boner as a bad thing "Oh no, your attracted to me, you sick wanker." :\ x

Quote by Nelsean
Im saying this the straightest way possible, but...

I'd have sexual intercourse with your anus.
try to put riffs together. some riffs work great with others, but if some of your riffs would don't work to your current song, maybe you can use that discarded riff for another song. but save it for later. focus is important. but most of all, let the music come through. your magical riff could appear in your head in the least expected moment, so be ready to catch it.
Put words to a simple riff. It can be as simple as I IV I V as long as the melody's good and you can write decently.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Think up a good vocal tune in your head then try and fit chords or a riff to it.
Quote by Zacky~Vengeance
okay i wanna start writing my own music but i dont noe where to start.. I dont have ne music theory knowledge or noe where to get the knowledge.. can ne1 give me some tips or help out thnx

i dont want to sound like a nag, but learn theory, seriously. it will help u so much. theres lots of theory lessons on this site, or just google search for theory lessons.
i need to get a better signature.