alrighty on difrent forums there is a guy who wants to sell his peavey ultra 120 all tube head and this is what it says

I bought a new amp need to get rid of this to pay for my new one.

All stock
3 channels
Four 12AX7's in the preamp, Four 6L6's in the power amp.
etc.
550 obo Edmonton area or Calgary area or inbetween.

i offered him my line six spider 75 watt amp, zakkwylde emgs and my old boss distortion pedal i dont use to much anymore.... good deal?
Co-Founder of the I Am Canadian Club, pm me or Mantiscabinet to join

My gear:

Gibson les paul studio
line 6 spider 112
washburn X12 with zakk wylde emgs
2004 pearl protone drum set
Well from what I've heard the Ultra was basically the former Triple X. I'm not sure what 550 canadian is in USD but that's probably not a bad deal. I'd talk him down a bit though... because the ones I've seen go for quite cheap, although being the predecesser to the Triple X can't sound that bad.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
well i am tradeing him... soo i was just wondering if im getting a bad deal

My gear:

Gibson les paul studio
line 6 spider 112
I wasn't sure if the trade would cover the whole thing. And yes I'd say that's worth it. Spider is about 200, emgs are about 200, pedal maybe 50 so yea lol. You have a cab?
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
nah not yet but ill probly be bale to get one.... im not even to sure this is gonna be my first tube amp and my first half stack.... im soo syked! would i be able to use just a marshall cabnet or should a save up for maby an ornge cabnet or something?

My gear:

Gibson les paul studio
line 6 spider 112
Yea Marshall cabs usually work well with peaveys. I've got a Mode Four w/ the V30s and it's great with the JSX. Although I've heard Orange's 2x12 is one of the best out there, along with the bogner Shiva 2x12, I've never played through one. I'd check ebay for cabs, they usually have alot, although shipping can be a bitch. I luckily found one that was local so I went and picked it up.

I've also heard good things about Mesa 2x12s and Recto 4x12s, Carvin Legacy cabs, and can tell you Genz-Benz G-Flexs are great.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
thanks alot man is there anything else i should know about tube amps? im pretty green on the whole subject. and the louder you turn the amp up ,better it will sound right?

My gear:

Gibson les paul studio
line 6 spider 112
Well see the high gain peavey amps all have massive amounts of gain in the preamp, which equates to not having to crank them to get a good tone. My JSX, 5150s and XXXs I've played all sound good at low volumes because of it. They're not much different from any other amps, just the standby power thing, you let it warm up for 30secs- a min on standby then turn it on. I always recommend new tubes too, and since I've fallen in love with JJs I always recommend them. Whether you'll need them or not you won't know until you get the amp though. I don't know what else to say really on the subject... lol.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
thanks a whole lot i still gotta get this head. the guy lives like 5 or 6 hours away from me.

My gear:

Gibson les paul studio
line 6 spider 112
Ah that sounds like a fun trip. Or is he shipping it?
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head