my fender hot rod deluxe gets feedback pretty easy(its not good feedback). Could there be something around it that is causing it or is it just the amp? i still have 30 days to try it out and even if there is another reason should i go for a B-52 AT-212 100-Watt instead? for the 200 dollar price difference? ( i can get the b-52 for 700$)
Last edited by bTOMd at Jun 27, 2006,
what guitar are you using?

most all amps at high gain/ high volume give off feedback, thats just the way it is. If you are using single coils, it just makes it more feedback prone.

I suggest if you like the tone of your fender hot rod deluxe, then get an isp decimator to control the feedback, it works great. Or you can try any other noise supressors.

if you dont like the tone of hte hot rod and want somethign else, then by all means go for it, but the more expensive the amp doesnt mean it will give less feedback. Its just the nature of the beast we call rock and roll.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
i have a boss me -50 with a noisegate on it and you would figure that'd be enough so idk
prs se santana, it has humbuckers and i dont really need to turn it up that much for it to start giving feedback, but is there still like something from somewhere else that could be giving it cuz i know computers make guitars buzz.
you can use the me-50, but it might color your tone up quite a bit.

How high is the gain on the amp? are you using any pedals for distortion?

and is the hum present when you are playing through the amp on clean?
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
i can turn it up to like 8 outta 12 with the hi gain channel. theres no distortion pedal and no hum when i play clean
Quote by bTOMd
i can turn it up to like 8 outta 12 with the hi gain channel. theres no distortion pedal and no hum when i play clean

if it's that high then you need to stand back farther. get a 15-20ft cable and keep your distance. i get feedback all the time from my amp when i play with high gain and have to keep in mind the amount of feet between my amp and my guitar.

...but then again i play with some really hot pickups

o well, try that and see how it turns out.