First I want to say, im a total noob. Ive just started playing the guitar, I know about 4 chords. So dont bash on me to hard

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/red_hot_chili_peppers/the_zephyr_song_tab.htm

Any ways, I been practicing the zephyr song for the past couple of days, and i can play it perfectly intill 4th section on verse part 1 (Its been the only part i understood how to play, so i been practicing it)

Its the parts where it has like /5\. If some one could explain to me how to do this, or even better give me a vid of some one playing this song so I can learn of him, Id greatly apreciate it
|-----1--3/5\3--1-0-1-|

This means you would put your finger on the 3rd fret, pluck the string, then slide your finger up (called up, but your sliding it towards you) to the fifth fret, then pluck the string, and slide your finger back down to 3

Depends on the tab, but you may not even have to pluck the string the second time

Oh: And to slide, keep your finger pressed down on the fret board, pushing down while you slide.
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
Quote by horazonblade
|-----1--3/5\3--1-0-1-|

This means you would put your finger on the 3rd fret, pluck the string, then slide your finger up (called up, but your sliding it towards you) to the fifth fret, then pluck the string, and slide your finger back down to 3

Depends on the tab, but you may not even have to pluck the string the second time

Oh: And to slide, keep your finger pressed down on the fret board, pushing down while you slide.

thanks man, i finaly got the right sound coming out now.
Ok, I got another problem. The chorus parts are pretty simple, i allready got them down pretty much. Just need to practice memorizing it and playing it faster. But the solo, I have no idea what its telling me to do. is it telling me to play on the 12 fret? or go to 1 to 2 real fast? and what does it mean by "D - A - G played underneath" and 12b13r12? Im confused..
thats the twelfth fret. listen to the original to try and compare what you're playing off the tab to that, so you know if you're doing something wrong or the tab is wrong.

and the D A G means the rhythm guitar (and/or bass) is playing those chords under the solo.

good luck
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Quote by ManEatingTree
Ok, I got another problem. The chorus parts are pretty simple, i allready got them down pretty much. Just need to practice memorizing it and playing it faster. But the solo, I have no idea what its telling me to do. is it telling me to play on the 12 fret? or go to 1 to 2 real fast? and what does it mean by "D - A - G played underneath" and 12b13r12? Im confused..

12b13r12 means you are fretting the 12th fret on that string, picking the string and then bending the string up a half step so that the pitch is the same as a note played on the 13th fret of the same string. The r12 part means that you then release the bend and pull the string back to it's normal, unbent position.