Problem: My amp sounds like ****

Soulution: Buy a better amp!

Somewhere in between there I need to find out what amp to buy. So, what would be the amp of choice? One that's going to meet all my needs, not cost a fortune, durable, reliable, basically, the best amp ever! Oh, and it needs to go up to 11 or it's just a piece of crap! lol. I need something with a good clean cause I play clean a lot, and it needs to be able to handle massive amounts of distortion too. Mine has an okay clean... but whenever I turn on my MT-2 and crank the distortion all the way up it sounds like a tuba played into a pillow! Obviously I need to go to a store and mess with a bunch of amps to find the one I want. I was just looking for some opinions to keep in mind as I shop. Thanks.
mesa/boogie triple rec. Whats your price range?
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Fender Twin (not the twin reverb), it has sparkling cleans, great distortion and can be switched either between 100watts or 25watts.
Bones, sinking like stones.
in the world of half stack b52 are the best for the price, quality vs price ratio. fender makes good combos, crate has some alright combos, mesa if you got the money, same with krank too. marshalls as long as u stay away from the mgs.
Boogie Rectifier's are expensive as ****, and sound pretty good. I like Fender All Tube amps, Deluxe Reverb, Super Reverb, Twin all excellent cleans and they can handle all the gain I need. The Deluxes are 800, Twin 1000, Super 1200$
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Awesome, I'll try and keep all that in mind as I shop... I'm looking for an amp that'll stick with me for years to come, so my price range is pretty high, nothing over a grand though.
do u want a combo or head/stack? i just was tryn out the vox advt100 head and i though it was the best thing iv ever played 4 the price so i went out and brought it, it cost me a 700 dollars australian and i think it kick arse the voxs head have a mass amount of gain which was weird but gives an arsome clean sound and kick arse gain sound
Eh, if I knew more, I would siggest the amp I have now, Vox AD50. I really like it, it has a great clean, great distortion, 11 different amp modes, and be set to any power level between 0.15w to 50w. But that's if I knew more.
I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi
Quote by OrderedChaos
in the world of half stack b52 are the best for the price, quality vs price ratio. fender makes good combos, crate has some alright combos, mesa if you got the money, same with krank too. marshalls as long as u stay away from the mgs.

Listen to him. I own a B-52 halfstack, it';s amazing for the money I spent on it. Make sure you get the AT 100. They make one halfstack and it sounds like ass...although it IS a solid state, and most solid state amps done usually sound too good.

If you've got the money, the best amp, imo, is the Marshall JCM 200 DSL 100. I love that amp.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.