Well it happened my pic fell inside my acoustic and it wont come out. For an acoustic player this is torture.
I can easily get a pick out of my aechtop and the holes are way smaller than an acoustic. I may never know why it's so damned difficult to get one out of an acoustic.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by axisallareas
Well it happened my pic fell inside my acoustic and it wont come out. For an acoustic player this is torture.

ok. this is important. STAY CALM! gently tip your guitar upside down, and wait for the little bugger to jump out.

they always do, belive me.
Quote by madbasslover
haha
you actually made one! i salute you, burrito.

mmm bean rice and cheese. the best.
Get it in the middle, loosen a string or two, push your hand in, put your fingers over top of it, flip your guitar upside down and grab it. That's what I do.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by axisallareas

You have to turn it upside down first.
dawg jsut turn it upside down and shake that bitch like it didn't pay its pimp
Quote by abwell

^haha my friend once put a whole bunch of dimes in my reaaaally crappy acoustic. It took him like 10 minutes to get them all out. It was actually pretty funny. Just loosen the strings and reach in to get them.
haha

i once dropped my pick in my dad's acoustic on purpose just to see if i could get it out. that was a beautiful guitar. it's a shame he took it with him when he moved. he probably doesn't even play it.
I can get them out. I have a super secret strategy.

And I think havign someone take a dump in your sondhole is a bit worse than a pick.
haha
My friend actually keeps her plectrum inside the guitar.

Then spends ages getting it out everytime she plays.
Quote by axisallareas

No. No it's not. Not even close. At most it should take a minute or two to get out. And an acoustic player's worst fear is something more along the lines of someone or something falling on it.

Dumbass.
Quote by doggy_hat
And I can always borrow my friend's urine.

Love is the water of life, drink it with heart and soul---Rumi

----i love to drink----
just move it around until you can see the pic through the hole, then flip it over really fast and it will fall right out. I have to do it from time to time
get a pen, stick some blue tac or gum on the pen then get it out with that, problem solved
Just shake it like a erm....yeah, it'll drop the goods soon enough.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Last edited by nick dixon at Jun 27, 2006,
Quote by madbasslover
oh yeah? well you don't have ancient chinese secret!

"CALGON!, Ancient Chinese Secret huh!?"
UG's CHAV?

Providing Epilepsy to the masses.

Quote by Jakeylee111
^ I thought you'd been permabanned or given an ASBO or something...

Quote by xtheblackoutx
you're a sick person.

Sometimes I just give up and when I stand up, the pick just falls out.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by dave_c2k2
"CALGON!, Ancient Chinese Secret huh!?"

was that a sneaky reference to waynes world 2?
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
lmao I remember dropping a pound coin in my mates guitar in the pub! He was well wrecked and took him like 15 mins to get it out, he wasnt best pleased!!

I can imagine how much that might pi5s you off
Member of The Darkness fanclub
I was there for SD's cocksucking forum, August 15th, 2006.
The Cas Fast Foundation - pm draken to join and support cas on his 30 food free days.
Quote by nick dixon
was that a sneaky reference to waynes world 2?

Maybe :P

Probably a very bad one too, my dog ate my Waynes World 1 and 2 box set
UG's CHAV?

Quote by Jakeylee111

Quote by xtheblackoutx
you're a sick person.

I know just what you mean... it's a bitch to bend the strings at the bridge, shove your hand it, and shove it around there without cutting your wrist ( ) on the high E...

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
You're giving Emo's ideas Red!
UG's CHAV?

Quote by Jakeylee111

Quote by xtheblackoutx
you're a sick person.

Quote by axisallareas

lol, one of my friend's was trying out this 3000 dollar accoustic guitar at a store once and he dropped his dorrito pick in the hole (you know the triangle pick that kinda looks like a dorrito?). Anyway, that was the only dorrito pick he had and that music store didn't sell any of them, it was his favorite too.
Quote by j_db69
just move it around until you can see the pic through the hole, then flip it over really fast and it will fall right out. I have to do it from time to time

this is the fastest way to get a pic out. Might take you some practice to get the right amount of velocity in the spin, but it has the same effect on a pic that a rollercoaster has on the human body. the force of the spin will cause the pic to stick to the bottom of the guitar. Once you stop, gravity will kick in and the pic will magically fall right out.

Physics...it's more than a boring class....it's a way of life
Quote by Shredlet
Cheers Sinister that was really helpful a Dime-point to you!

"Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem."
Quote by j_db69

yep yep

Quote by clarkson456
No. No it's not. Not even close. At most it should take a minute or two to get out. And an acoustic player's worst fear is something more along the lines of someone or something falling on it.

Dumbass.

ahaha and also... yep yep. it's kinda weird seeing some of the acoustic forum folks in the pit for once.
that happened to me when i was playing in front of like, 200 people..... :/

you have to get it right beneath the hole, then flip it upside down really fast so that it just falls through
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
It's even worse when your pick falls behind your pickgaurd on a strat style guitar, and you reach ion there to get it and get zapped because you forgot to unplug it..
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by greendayguitar
It's even worse when your pick falls behind your pickgaurd on a strat style guitar, and you reach ion there to get it and get zapped because you forgot to unplug it..

Huh? you shouldn't be able to just reach behind your pickguard. How is it even loose enough for it to fall in there?
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
my worse fear just happened. I just sliced my index finger while making breakfast and now I wont be able to play for a good two weeks or more.

I slam'd my fingers in my car door a few weeks ago and my first thought was "please god dont let my fingers be fucked''. They came out alright but theres still blood under my finger nails and I couldnt play for a few days.

If I was John Petrucci or something like that I'd get hand & finger insurance.
Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!
In the rays of the sun I'am longing for the darkness
Funny Canadians : Brandon860, Bodom & Scourge
Leader of the I boobs club
Quote by abwell

LOL that was a great one. To be honest it is what I had to do. It was one of those picks that just wanted to stay in the guitar. I tried to be nice I tried to be calm in the end I shook the hell out of it and it finally came out.
i found a ****in huge spider in my acoustic, scared the **** out of me
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
The worst thing that can happen to my acoustic would be...well, definately not the pick falling in...maybe...The guitar spontaneousnly compusting?
Quote by logboy
get a pen, stick some blue tac or gum on the pen then get it out with that, problem solved

This guy knows what he's talking about.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Stick blu-tac onto a pencil or pen. You can now get the pick by fishing around in your acoustic for a while.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by popapez
that happened to me when i was playing in front of like, 200 people..... :/

you have to get it right beneath the hole, then flip it upside down really fast so that it just falls through

at times like that its good to know how to finger pick
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008