Ok. I've done some research and I've found that a lot of people are saying that a great practice amp is a Laney LC15R. Do you guys agree? I mainly play any type of Rock, but I do play a variety of things. If you don't agree please suggests some good practice amps that aren't very expensive (Maybe around $200-$400 Australian Dollars)

Also I've got some questions. In some reviews for the Laney LC15R, I've read that everything is good except the valves. Would you guys think it's necessary to replace the valves if I do get this amp or would it be unecessary? Also I was reading the Amp thread and it said don't play valve amps without a speaker. What does this mean (I was jutst wondering cause how the hell do you even play an amp without a speaker?)?

Thanks in advance...
1. yes it is a good amp from what i've heard
2. the ibanez valbee is in your pirce range. may be a but high gain though
3. try it and see. a retube always helps though.
4. it means dont turn your head on with out a cab plugged in. yours is a combo. so unless you unplug the speaker you'll be fine.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Last edited by joel_grieve at Jun 27, 2006,
What Joel said.

They're very nice budget amps, go and play one and find out.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30