Hey, I am going to buy an ENGL Powerball head soon and I need a cab which is good for metal and nu-metal like Metallica, Slipknot, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my Valentine, Papa Roach, Disturbed,...
I am not familiar with speakers so which one should I take?

thanks in advance
Budget?

Here's some to check out:
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Standard 4x12
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Oversized 4x12
ENGL Traditional 4x12
Marshall 1960AV 4x12
Genz Benz G-Flex 412 or 212 cab
Last edited by Refixer at Jun 27, 2006,
I've heard from powerball owners that ENGL Standard 4x12 with V60-speakers suits it best. V60's are "softer" than V30's and balance the brightness a bit.

But that's only what I've heard. I used to have PB, but it turned out to be too tight and bright at least with my 4x12 V30-loaded cab.

Crappy gear, crappy skills. But at least I'm damn ugly.

Sorry, forgot about the budget, around 800 ? which would be about 1000 us$...
it should be a 4*12
I've heard good stuff about Framus cabs too (and since you live in Austria, you could find them in a store somewhere).
But yeah, ENGL cabs are nice too (I wouldn't expect anything else from ENGL )
I've heard the Bogner Shiva cabs are to die for.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
You could always look at a Mesa 2x12 Recto cab. They cost less and weigh less then a 4x12 and are you REALLY ever going to turn your amp up to 10? If not then the 2x12 should be fine.
Current Gear
-LTD M-50
-Mesa Boogie 3 Channel Dual Rectifer
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
-Peavey Rage 158
www.vadercabinets.com

the 2x15 guitar cab... if you're gonna tune down and bang on the strings... the bass will kick ya right in the chest...

their 4x12 is also really tight and punchy apparently...
Founder of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join

Member #6 'I <3 mids' club. PM Roc8995.

My Name is: Tony
The Bogner Uberkab

New! UBERSCHALL UBERKAB CABINET
The UBERSCHALL 4x12" straight cabinet model features a black front speaker grill and a combination of Celestion V30 and G12T75 speakers wired at 8 ohms. This combination unleashes the brutality of the UBERSCHALL amp, it helps to maximize the low end and give great cutting power to the mids/highs. A standard BOGNER 4x12" cabinet with V30's sounds great for the UBERSCHALL as well, but we wanted to offer a cabinet that was fine tuned for the flame-throwing UBERSCHALL.
/\
$1200 bucks new
long wait time

I've actually been thinking of modding my rivera cab to the same V30 & G12T75 configuration as in the uberkab...

Crappy gear, crappy skills. But at least I'm damn ugly.

or get the randall versions of the Uberkab... the Uber's are hard to find sometimes... guys hoard em and don't let go... or get a Splawn... basically a better marshall cab... you can get em loaded however ya want...

Quote by Austrorammer
Sorry, forgot about the budget, around 800 ? which would be about 1000 us$...
it should be a 4*12

I told you befor...
Did you look at the splawns? I'm almost 100% positive they're in your price range.
Get an uberkebab!!... After a live set and a few beers, it's only natural to get hungry...
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.