I have a Fender Strat, and I noticed that my G-string has a slight buzzing sound when I fret it on either the 1st or 2nd fret and pluck. On any other fret and open-string, there's no buzz at all. None of my other strings buzz either. I've tried adjusting the action, but I can't seem to get rid of the buzz completely. Any idea what might be wrong?
When was the last time you changed your strings? Cus my E - string was making a kinda buzzing noise on the 7th fret and only on that fret. Just changed the string and it went back to normal. Could try that?
Cut the end of a guitar string and stick it under the G string at the nut.

It'll raise it slightly, removing the buzz
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
^Or learn to read.

And my way allows you to keep relatively low action.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I did change to new strings, and the buzzing still remained. I also tried putting a piece of string under the G-string at the nut, and it still didn't help.

If I strum or pluck moderately lightly, then it doesn't seem to buzz much. Only when I pluck it hard, or start strumming "enthusiastically", does it start buzzing.

I've also been reading that it's normal for electric guitars to have some buzz... so should I just chalk this up to normal buzzing?
If you're sure the trussrod and the action of your guitar are properly set than it might just be that one of your frets is just a little to high and your guitar might require fretwork. I recommend taking your guitar to a guitar tech, they will know what to do.
Quote by globetro
I did change to new strings, and the buzzing still remained. I also tried putting a piece of string under the G-string at the nut, and it still didn't help.

If I strum or pluck moderately lightly, then it doesn't seem to buzz much. Only when I pluck it hard, or start strumming "enthusiastically", does it start buzzing.

I've also been reading that it's normal for electric guitars to have some buzz... so should I just chalk this up to normal buzzing?

No.

What's happening (if you don't already know) is the sring is hitting against the fret wire as it vibrates.

Yu just need to raise the string till it's not hitting the wire. Your truss rod may be in need of adjustment, but do NOT adjust it yourself unless you know what you're doing.

Electric guitars normally give off some hum, but you only hear that when playin plugged in etc.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez