Page 1 of 2
well first off "something at a higher level" on classical guitar for someone who can even play mamlmsteem behind his head could be taking to much on. try some of the pieces from "circles End"to get you into the groove.

otherwise try flamenco. theres loadsa stuff online
Try Crystal Ann by Annihilator. Beautiful composition.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
What do you mean at the harder level? Not very specific...Do you mean like virtuoso style stuff, or do you mean something that would be hard for the ordinary ametuer, or do you want something challangeing for a beginer?
you don't have to post the same thread 3 times you know...

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
even though im a beginner, i agree with Green Jelly. That Annihilator song is really nice.

And wow, i'm surprised people know Annihilator, here where i live they are so unknown (which is a shame).
Sarah
Quote by ask_withnail
you don't have to post the same thread 3 times you know...

yeh i know i ****ed it
^--- you can go back and delete your original posts... just go to the post and click the edit button. then at the top of the edit screen there's two options that say something like "delete this message" and "do not delete this message." click the radio button next to "delete this message" and then click on the button that says "delete this message." voila.
Quote by jimtaka
^--- you can go back and delete your original posts... just go to the post and click the edit button. then at the top of the edit screen there's two options that say something like "delete this message" and "do not delete this message." click the radio button next to "delete this message" and then click on the button that says "delete this message." voila.

thanks
I love this thread. 12 replies and not a single classical piece recommendation.

How about telling us what fingerstyle pieces you can play? Only then can anyone judge.
Quote by imLoUsY
I love this thread. 12 replies and not a single classical piece recommendation.

How about telling us what fingerstyle pieces you can play? Only then can anyone judge.

did you earn "mediterranean sundance" and "entre dos aguas" those are recomendations
www.alberizo.com

Porque amo la Vida.........no consumo Coca-cola
Porque financia la guerra...no consumo Coca-cola
No consumo Coca-cola...no financio la Muerte.
Quote by alberizo
did you earn "mediterranean sundance" and "entre dos aguas" those are recomendations
yeh there great songs thanx
Quote by imLoUsY
Good songs but not remotely classical pieces.

Seems like we're primed to open up the whole classical guitar debate again. Just waiting for someone to suggest classical gas lol

Obviously none of you play classical!. Bach lute suites are good if you want a challenge (bouree made famous by Yngwie and Jimmy Page). Estudio by Fernando Sor(on UG), The famous leylenda by Issac Albenez, Cavatina John WIlliams. Danza brazillia by Morel is great for Lattin/Classical

Or if you just want a spanish-sounding tune stick with bloody spanish fly.
I assume you mean classical guitar, not neoclassical or fusion or other things.

If so, a rather difficult piece is Nicolo Paginini's Grand Sonata. There is a powertab here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/n/nicolo_paganini/grand_sonata_power_tab.htm

I know: Paginini is often mentioned for his Caprice's, which shred guitarists try to learn. This is actually a classical piece, not a shred one. If you are wondering, the fast part comes at about measure 200.
Steve Howe, Poison, Al DiMeola, Classical Gas, Stairway to Heaven, Flamenco.. None are classical for heaven's sake.

What is considered great classical guitar isn't technical skills. I can play grade 8 and above songs. Am I a great player? Not even close.

Other more important factors come into place. Tone, phrasing, precision, voicing, expressions, articulation etc. Those are highly prized aspects, alongside technical excellence and speed.
Quote by imLoUsY
Steve Howe, Poison, Al DiMeola, Classical Gas, Stairway to Heaven, Flamenco.. None are classical for heaven's sake.

What is considered great classical guitar isn't technical skills. I can play grade 8 and above songs. Am I a great player? Not even close.

Other more important factors come into place. Tone, phrasing, precision, voicing, expressions, articulation etc. Those are highly prized aspects, alongside technical excellence and speed.

I suggested classical gas as a joke, precisely because i'd knew it would piss you off lol.

Yeah, your'e right - all those factors you mention are important within any style of playing, if you want to create good music.

Quote by imLoUsY

I suggested Steve Hwe because I highly doubt he is looking for politically correct classical songs.
Quote by imLoUsY

What do you mean grade 8?

Leyenda by Isaac Albeniz
Capricho Arabe by Fransisco Tarrega
Quote by Bill Gluckman
I suggested Steve Hwe because I highly doubt he is looking for politically correct classical songs.

Well, the threadstarter DID ask for a classical song
Grade 8? A good reference of graded repetoire can be found on the official sites of the various exam boards. Check out the ABRSM site.

An example of grade 8 would be Capricho Arabe as you suggested. Sure, tons of people can play it. Only a handful of people play it well. And yes, that includes recoridng professionals. Some don't do the piece justice, but neither can you claim that they can't play the piece without mistake.

Above a certain grade or level, the question isn't largely about technical ability. But rather, it's the WAY you play your music.
Well if you want really classical music, you can find classical songs transcribed to guitar
J.S. Bach
Beethoven
Chopin
Vivaldi

Those are 4 great classical composers, look some of their stuff up.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Bach's Chaconne in D Minor (originally for violin) is quite an advanced piece. It has some fastish passages, a few tricky fingerings, and takes a lot of stamina if you want to play through the whole thing - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/johann_sebastian_bach/chaconne_from_partita_no_2_in_d_minor_power_tab.htm

Also I find the Tango by Albeniz quite tricky to get down, more because of the timing it needs and because some of the fingerings are quite hard.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/i/isaac_albeniz/tango_power_tab.htm

I think there's a better Guitar Pro tab for this one out there, so if you have GP take a look at that. Hope these help.
Go out and buy a book. You can get great wadges of classical pieces of all standards for almost nothing. Or, if you can find a tab of it, "Tango in the sky" by Dyens is a fantastic piece. On the other hand, if you can play the guitar part from Rodrigo's 'Fantasia para un gentilhombre' you shall become a guitar god among men.
How may The National D help you waste your time?
Dee - Ozzy Osbourne.

Oh, I'm sorry, not classical enough for you?
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
Try Fernando Sor - Sonate in C, Francisco Tarrega - Recuerdos de la Alhambra, Isaac Albeniz - Asturias or Granada (easier, but still classical music), you can even try to play Mozart - Turkish March. If you mean songs on the classical guitar then you should search for flamenco like Al DiMeola - Mediterranean sundance, Paco de Lucia, Manuel DeFalla, Paco Pena, Sabicas.
umm Fransesco Tarrega - Tango, Mozart - Rondo Alla Turca, Beethoven - Fur Elise. those should be easy to master since i can play all 3 of them and im only at grade 5 according to my teacher
For the last time, flamenco isn't anything similar to classical guitar. Please don't feel offended but we could do with less misinformation.

If you mean songs on the classical guitar then you should search for flamenco like Al DiMeola - Mediterranean sundance, Paco de Lucia, Manuel DeFalla, Paco Pena, Sabicas.

Out of all those, only Pena, PdL and Sabicas are flamenco. Falla has amazingly exotic Spanish classical music for the piano and transcribed for guitar. Al DiMeola flamenco? LOL! Nowhere close, though I recognise his attempts at sounding Spanish.

While Pena, Sabicas and Paco are flamenco guitarists, they don't necessarily play flamenco all the time. This refers especially to PdL who did play his own interpretations of Falla's classical compositions and also played alongside McLaughlin, Al DiMeola.

Just remember, classical guitar is NOT flamenco. And Spanish music isn't all flamenco. Classical guitar takes on many Spanish classical pieces, as well as Brazilian, Cuban, Turkish and even Chinese! Flamenco is simply part of Spanish music, and also combined with many other influences.
Page 1 of 2