Hello.

I'm thinking on buying an Ibanez soon. I've been looking at some different models....

http://ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=S470DXQM

http://ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG350EX
http://ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG350DX(white)

I'm not sure of price of these but I dont care anyway, but the problem I have is that I heard very negative things about ibanez pickups, INF 1,2,3 etc.
also that there bridges dont stay in tune and so on, Edge III(RG350) and like the S470, ZR Tremolo.

I would like to know...
whats most negative about them?
Is IBZ INF 1 better than 3? how are they "ranked"?

thats about it.

Tell me all of your thought, I liek to know everything about these guitars.

you might get an ice cream if you help me more than everyone else^^
the zr trem hands down its ****ing killer. and since the guitars arent that expensive the pickups wont be that great so get the s470
the Edge III bridges are appaling
look for a Edge Pro bridge instead
about the infinity pickups
they aint very good, id replaced them straight away
or look for the DiMarzio Ibz p'ups
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by im_atheist
the Edge III bridges are appaling
look for a Edge Pro bridge instead
about the infinity pickups
they aint very good, id replaced them straight away
or look for the DiMarzio Ibz p'ups

edge pro i think only come in the ibanez prestige and sigs and jcustoms
ok. I like the S470 much more so thats good.

Hate ibanez for there pickups. why cant they put some good ones in stright away?

what pickups would you suggest to get if I want nice warm clean tones, nice lead sound and to get good sound for playing rock and metal stuff and over that a solo?
For a pickup that versatile, check out the DiMarzio PAFs, I use PAF Pros as my bridge humbuckers and on my main guitar paired with a PAF Classic in the neck. Medium ouput and very versatile.
I can use up to 900dollars.... i think...but I would like to go lower as long as possible...

I have a Line 6 spider II 75 watt. good for homeuse. but after this guitar I will start save up for a fender i think...

I thank you for all help. I have been looking at a schecter C1 classic or something like it but there artist page made me scared

but plz give some advice on pickups....
DiMarzio PAF or Breed series without a doubt
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
ok, then I will have a look on the PAF's... how would you recomend to place them?
humbuckers, singelcoil. bridge,neck,? tell me
i have a RG350WX ibaNez,but when i play songs on higher frequencies(12 fret to 24 frets) the sound is very awfull,,, im planing to hange the pickup.. but what pick should i used or buyed to have a perfect combination????

pls help me tnx,,,,

if
Threadstarter, I would save just save up for a new amp instead of worrying about the pickups. They aren't so bad that they will destroy your ears; they are just bland and mediocre .

Are you positive that you want a guitar with a trem?

Quote by blaziken_xcv143
i have a RG350WX ibaNez,but when i play songs on higher frequencies(12 fret to 24 frets) the sound is very awfull,,, im planing to hange the pickup.. but what pick should i used or buyed to have a perfect combination????

pls help me tnx,,,,

if

What amp do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i have a vox da5... but what pick up should i change to my rg350ex,, because when i make leads for example on 18-14 frets higher E,, its hurting on my ear,,,,, is it the amp or what??
Pickups won't make any difference through that tiny amp, if you want to change the sound you need to upgrade it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Only problem you may aquire with an S Series ibanez is that theyre way thin so be careful mate, i was all hot up about getting an S series but then i played it and it put me off, they're just way too thin for me!
Quote by -HeretiC-
Only problem you may aquire with an S Series ibanez is that theyre way thin so be careful mate, i was all hot up about getting an S series but then i played it and it put me off, they're just way too thin for me!

hey is it possible to have a GIbson pick ups like ex. Gibson BurstBucker Pro Alnico V Humbucker Pickup... on a ibanez RG350.. is it possibe and is it great??
Quote by blaziken_xcv143
hey is it possible to have a GIbson pick ups like ex. Gibson BurstBucker Pro Alnico V Humbucker Pickup... on a ibanez RG350.. is it possibe and is it great??

Yes it's possible, it's a shocking waste of money though and you'd bet better results with Duncans or Dimarzios at about 3/4 of the cost.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ok,,,,tnx for the help again,,,, one more last qeustion..... i don't have enpugh budget for the pcik ups,,but im planning to but this two '' Seymour Duncan SH-1B - PAF model,,,and Seymour Duncan SH-1N - PAF model pickups,,,,, is it better than INF pickups??
yeah, the amp would be a much wiser choice , all you need is a Peavey Valve King, which can do every genre, most people say the VK can't do metal etc, when in reality they do not know how to set it up

Active EMG pickup with it
Video 1 ^

Typical Passive pickups with it
Video 2^

it also does clean stuff nicely, every thing is possible with it, just not quite a 6505 but its close enough for your needs , if you replace the speaker and the tubes you are set to be really good, but it sounds fine with stock stuff, those vids above use no pedals, this amp is nice for funk blues etc, yet can do insane metal

but yeah, your best ibanez bet is RG321MH, + high end pickups of your choice+ Floyd Rose+new paint job==best Ibanez, now there is also another Ibanez you can do this with that is the RGT42DX it is your call as to what to do, but I'd say get a better quality amp first

only difference, one is set neck, the other thru neck, both Mahogany
Last edited by hardcoredarrell at Oct 18, 2007,