the longest one ive seen is one with 31, are there any longer ones?
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

im sure there was one with 36
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
36 a caparison guitar

No you're thinking of the Caparison Horus but that guitar only has 27 frets, on topic i've seen 36 fret guitars before but not for a while, you'd probably have to get it custom made or find a used one because i think for a while washburn made a 36 fret guitar
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by lemon
No you're thinking of the Caparison Horus but that guitar only has 27 frets, on topic i've seen 36 fret guitars before but not for a while, you'd probably have to get it custom made or find a used one because i think for a while washburn made a 36 fret guitar

dude i know a horus has 27 frets i mean look at my user title and avatar. and there is a 36 caparison fret guitar
Quote by azn_guitarist25
dude i know a horus has 27 frets i mean look at my user title and avatar. and there is a 36 caparison fret guitar

Well i've never seen a 36 fret caparison guitar so i'll believe you when you prove it
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
...wow...who really needs 36 frets. i mean come on...

21 or 22 is good for me
36...**** that's 3 octaves...wouldn't a 36 fret baritone work as a guitar and a bass pretty much then?
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
There's not really a limit to how many frets a guitar could conceivably have.

It'd be a bitch to get strings for longer than 36 frets, though, you'd think.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by StaggHound
There's not really a limit to how many frets a guitar could conceivably have.

It'd be a bitch to get strings for longer than 36 frets, though, you'd think.

errr string length is more suited for scale length rather than number of frets and like said before you can have a wild number of frets except that playability of those frets will become useless
72 frets ftw

you never said most frets on a single neck.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
errr string length is more suited for scale length rather than number of frets and like said before you can have a wild number of frets except that playability of those frets will become useless

You're right.

I was thinking of a larger number of frets on a fairly standardised scale length; for a longer scale length, you'd need a longer neck, and longer strings.

Guitarist Magazine has an article this month about Baritone Necks, it's quite interesting.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Heres a 36 fret guitar

Uli Jon Roth (former "scorpoins" guitarist) has a sky guitar that has 42 frets and 7 strings.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
i'm building a 36 fret guitar. thru-body neck, clear pickguard, one emg-85 pickup, floyd rose tremelo, and full chrome hardware.
wasn't there that Gary Kramer 36 fret 7 string? Turbulance or somethin?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
those. thank you. my multi-tasking prevents me from searching anything else at the moment. lol

thanks Ippon
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
i wonder how many frets is physically possible before the frets are just too squashed together so you can't put anymore unless you use smaller and smaller fret-wire...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
i wonder how many frets is physically possible before the frets are just too squashed together so you can't put anymore unless you use smaller and smaller fret-wire...

that's actually a good question.
Quote by pedromiles101