hi. im just beginning to solo, ive been doing it for maybe 2 months (as in i learned the pentatonic scale two months ago and have been playing with it) so if you would please let me know what you think of the song in general but mainlty the solo, although I AM aware the timing is off because we recorded seperate. its at www.myspace.com/fallingintheopen and its past the 1 minute mark but idk the exact time thanks
guitar tone sounds a little weak at beginning. distortion doesnt sound very punkish, and there sounds like a little volume jump as well during the transition.
again the tone could be improved to make it sound 'punkier'
small issues with syncing with the drummer
then it sounds like it skips a little bit.
another volume change in the solo, too quiet.
same sync issue as earlier in the same riff.

some good ideas in the song that you could work on though. as interesting as it sound its not punk to me.

you can critisize mine if you wish here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383598
Just do all the stuff that guy above said and you'd have a pretty good song, I enjoyed it alot

EDIT: you may want to also get a rythm guitarist, the solo was kinda lacking in the background, but then again your bassist could cover it
I think an important step for all punk bands that are starting out is that they have to play and think outside the box. Try to develop your bands sound more and try to create solid melodies over your chord progressions. You're on the right track, keep it up.
He's a Pirate
Without vocals it's all pretty run-of-the-mill. There are quite a few weird volume jumps, which need to be sorted. It's all a bit of a mess, but I think that may be a lot to do with a lack of a guiding vocal and poor recording / production.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
It's not bad to be honest. But the guitar has more kind of a nu metalish sound to it almost... don't know how to describe it. The guitar tone needs to be sorted out more and with bass and vocals then it would be a perfectly good punk song.