im always hearing about this thing on a ibanez guitar called a wizard neck? how is it different?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Description from another website...

The Wizard is the reason Vai uses Ibanez, and this neck is straight and fast as lighting. The Prestige Wizard is the same slim fast profile as the original Wizard. The only difference is they made 3 fundamental improvements. 1) In 2003, they switch to a 3 piece laminate (one piece of flat sawn maple with 2 pieces of quarter sawn maple on each side) construction. This eliminated the separate scarf joint headstock. 2) They switched to a top mount locking nut that does not go all the way through the neck. 3) They added a volute (the thicker hump on the back of the neck just behind the nut) for added strength. All of this combines to make an amazingly stiff, strong and stabile neck. No more cracks behind the locking nut. The perfect addition to your project.
I just thought they were real thin? And of course made by Gandalf.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Harry Potter. Gandalf was highly overrated. All those supposed great powers but he never really used them to kick ass.
Hi, I'm Peter
yes, but neither did harry potter.

now sauron... what ass kickery.

on topic. the wizard neck is very fast playing. its very slim.
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
very slim, incredibly slim...but some people like them, some dont, im faster on a gloss finished fat neck on an SG or Strat, than i am on an unfinished Ibanez Wizard neck
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

^ According to your display, you cant shred.

You wont be faster on an SG playing macalpine stuff
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
its just real thin

like said before some love em

i personally, hate them with a passion, thin necks arent for me

now gibson necks, 50s necks...bliss in a neck
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by ClassicAxe
^ According to your display, you cant shred.

You wont be faster on an SG playing macalpine stuff

its sarcasm...well...not totally...i can shred random notes, but i cant sweep pick, i just alternate pick everything...and im fast enough...but id ont feel a need ot learn how to shred cause i can impress myself enough just doing normal things...and what the **** is macalpine stuff?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

what's with the Wizard II neck? what's different?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by thetearsibleed
its just real thin

like said before some love em

i personally, hate them with a passion, thin necks arent for me

now gibson necks, 50s necks...bliss in a neck

YES! Finally someone I can agree with.

Even if you aren't particularly fond of having a fat neck; the benefits it has compared to a thin one (sustain, tone, stability) greatly outweighs the 'negative' aspects.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
very slim, incredibly slim...but some people like them, some dont, im faster on a gloss finished fat neck on an SG or Strat, than i am on an unfinished Ibanez Wizard neck

/\