I am getting a new guitar and amp on saturday and i am getting probaly a epiphon les paul special and a crate half stack. Just now i am playing through a 30 watt marshall with a rubbish and a line 6 pod xt live.

Should i hear a big diffrence in my sound with the new eqipment i am getting

Cheres
Yes!!
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
I guess?

Why a crate half stack? Why not a combo?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I dunno i went to my local guitar store to find a half decnt amp to play mainly green day oasis stone roses etc and i know you can get a good sound out of a marshall for them bands but i don't need that good a sound from the mp casue i have my effects so i asked the guy aboutthe half stack cause i liked the look of it and he saed it would defiatly do the job
you walked into the trap of 'it looks good, so it must RAWK!'
how much did ya pay?
cuz you shoulda saved up and gotten an all tube combo...
JCM800 combos slay...
an Epi is ok...
Founder of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join

Member #6 'I <3 mids' club. PM Roc8995.

My Name is: Tony
yeah. i'da ordered and agile instead of an epi, but thats preference. Also, you mighta done better to get a standard plain top (solid mahogany) than the special which is a mohgany/alder mix
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
Corrected(because I am anal):
Quote by roryp15
I don't know, I went to my local guitar store to find a half decent amp to play mainly: Green Day, Oasis, Stone Roses, etc. And I know you can get a good sound out of a Marshall for those bands but I don't need that good a sound from the amp because I have my effects. So I asked the guy about the half stack because I liked the look of it and he said it would definitely do the job.

Just because you have effects doesn't mean it will sound good. . .

Also I believe combos are usually cheaper?

But your misguided logic sort of helped you, because you probably would have gotten an MG lol. . .

So um. . . yeah, learn to spell and use punctuation. . .

"A fool and his money soon go separate ways" -ELO
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
how much does that crate halfstack go for, and what music do you play?

cos if it's any of the crate halfstacks i've tried, it sounds like crap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You're getting a new amp and guitar and you're wondering if it'll sound different?
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."