Well, I've been playing guitar for a almost a year now and I'm thinking of starting to look around my local Guitar Center, considering that there is a sale going on there.

So here's my question. What are the requirements for pedals and how do you hook them up? Can pedals only be used with certain amps?

Thanks
pedals can be used on any amp. they are easy to hook up, you just need two wires one that goes from your guitar to the pedal and the other going from the pedal to the amp.
What kind of amp are you playing on, and what sound are you looking for?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Pedals can be used with all amps, but you have so be careful using them with some modeling amps (its not dangerous, just it might sound bad because of the pedal effects mixed with the amp effects).

There's a certain order they should be hooked up from your guitar to your amp.

If you don't like using batteries to operate them, get a power adapter and a daisy chain to power them.
I would recomend Wah, Delay, Overdrive and Chorus and a volume pedal if you're playing live.
some pedals are made my amp companies and so only work with those amps. otherwise a good distortion pedal like line6 uber metal or digitech hot head is good. wahs are also very important.
when u have more then one pedal a lil wire is required to connect these pedals to the amp these lil wires are called patches and can be found at any music store.
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
You know those cables that you use to connect your guitar to your amp without any effects? Can I just use two of those (assuming I'm only using 1 effect).
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
Well, I've been playing guitar for a almost a year now and I'm thinking of starting to look around my local Guitar Center, considering that there is a sale going on there.

So here's my question. What are the requirements for pedals and how do you hook them up? Can pedals only be used with certain amps?

Thanks

hehehe kirby a bigger newb than i thought he was
a chorus makes the sound more "lush".

its a very very small delay to make the guitar sound thicker.

(a delay repeats the note played x amount of times over y amount of time)

^i doubt that helped

you'll almost definatley need a delay pedal

id go with
-delay
-distortion
-chorus

^those are the only main ones youll actually need this early in the game. (a wah is unessesary and you dont NEED a volume (though theyre nice to have)
Last edited by JET116 at Jun 27, 2006,
get a Dunlop Wah (any model of them). That is a great first pedal. Or if you need one get a distortion pedal first. I like the Boss DS-2.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
You know those cables that you use to connect your guitar to your amp without any effects? Can I just use two of those (assuming I'm only using 1 effect).

Anyone?

I'm going to look at pedals today since I couldn't go yesterday and I don't want to look that stupid lol.
Quote by noah22791
get a Dunlop Wah (any model of them).

NO! Teh original Crybaby (GCB-95) is very bad. Get a Vox instead.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009