Ive played gutiar for about 1/2 and i want to get a bass aswell now. Anyone recommend one thats not to expensive to me?
i know its probably not the greatest but a fender squire is decent as thats what my brother plays
Quote by Vindication
Really? If you spill liquids on electronic devices, it messes them up?!

Enlighten us with your wisdom more, O grand and all-knowing BoomerSoooner!

Quote by CanadaHckyDude
kill her...that'll set you free

not sure
go to a shop and buy used, you'll get better prices and they usually aren't that badly damaged, just keep on trying them out until you found one you like that's in your price range, every one has different opinions on it, best you can do is make your own
where do you live? there are some good brands that are only available in certain countries

Quote by Silly_willy_Sugar_pants
*moved*

-Silly_willy_Sugar_pants

silly willy sugar pants?...what the fuck...
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
where do you live? there are some good brands that are only available in certain countries

silly willy sugar pants?...what the fuck...
Mighty England
I would have to say the Fender Squire Affinity P Bass package. I have it now and I had it since I started. It hasn't failed me yet. It comes with everything you need. I got mine for $180, but I think it raised in price since I last got it. The last price I saw the package was at about $230 (not sure how much that is in Euro though sorry).
Quote by Shadonite
I would have to say the Fender Squire Affinity P Bass package. I have it now and I had it since I started. It hasn't failed me yet. It comes with everything you need. I got mine for $180, but I think it raised in price since I last got it. The last price I saw the package was at about $230 (not sure how much that is in Euro though sorry).

Thanks for advice
Btw we dont use Euro in England
Nah nah, dont get a P Bass. Get a J Bass.
Quote by Kartman

Way to go, guitar_man_guy!

(You should sig me)

Co-Founder of the 'Heretics And/Or Killers'(Protest the Hero Fan Club) P.M Me or T0xicitY to join!
I just got a Johnson bass, (google image it). About a hundred and twenty quid including decent amp. It's got me through the last few months, and is good quality.
Quote by Phunk
Thanks for advice
Btw we dont use Euro in England

I knew that....haha...I was just checking....if...you knew! Yeah...anyways...lemme fix my earlier post...I donno how many pounds (that is what you use right?)it'll be.
I recommend the Dean Playmate because it's what I have, and its a real nice bass. It's not holding me back at all. It's a p-bass, so it's versatility is kinda limited but depending on what you play, it doesn't matter.
well depends on what kidna stuff ur into.

generally a p-bass works for just about anything. punk, metal, plain rock.
a jazz bass would be more preferable if u were into funky bluesy stuff, includign chili peppers.

p-bass i'd recommend the squier p-bass pack.
jazz sadly their isnt a jazz pack, so you'd have to buy those sepate if you do that, i'd get the squier standard jazz, ont the squier affinity jazz.
if u really can't decide between either then perhaps the ibanez jumpstart pack.

if ur budge is over 300 pounds, then maybe even teh fender standards p-bass or j-bass.

personally i use a peavey bxp, which is like a jazz bass. its about 150 pounds if im not mistaken (220 USD)
Phunk, I've laid out an easy procedure for ye.

1) Go to E-bay. Set the value from 50 to 150, type "bass guitar", and click "search", Browse around. If you find something you really like but know nothing about - feel free to ask here.

2) go to RondoMusic.com and buy yourself either a P or J bass copy. Yes, they're in U.S. But they will gladly ship it to you, and it would still cost less than a Squier, yet these basses are of superior quality i tell you!!! THey have even started off an "SX bass movement" where people buy these cheap, yet quality basses in bulk, and tweak each one! That's a great way to make a collection. I want one too. Always wanted a Fender J copy to play around with. Or a P... Found a dealer here, only thing they have far less colours...

3) *LESS DESIRABLE OPTION* buy a new entry-level bass. It's less desirable, cus people sell their "almost new" entry-level instruments on Ebay after a year or so. Needless to say, the market is flooded with these, and the prices are ridicolously low!!! (i wish we had ebay here, and the shipment didn't cost 250 bucks, dammit). Your choises are:

Squier Affinity basses (you'll grow out of them quickly, the Agathis they're made off imposes many tonal limitations...)
Ibanez GSR 200, or 350DX (same as 200, only with passive-active "Phat" circuitry)
Yamaha RBX 270 or 170
OLP Musicman copy (ONLY THE 4 STRING VERSION)
or there are some cheapo brands in U.K that are mighty decent: Vintage, some Stagg (not all stagg!!!),