I picked up an Ibanez AS-73 and a Fender 25R back in December and now I can't put the thing down. I have no structured practice routine as of yet but I still feel I'm progressing by just having the guitar in my hands. And I'm finally realizing that anyone can be as fast and technically proficient with this thing but what really makes someone 'sound good' is their feel for music.

I just joined the board and wanted to say hi to everyone...hopefully I can contribute around here in some way.
Quote by fach
I picked up an Ibanez AS-73 and a Fender 25R back in December and now I can't put the thing down. I have no structured practice routine as of yet but I still feel I'm progressing by just having the guitar in my hands. And I'm finally realizing that anyone can be as fast and technically proficient with this thing but what really makes someone 'sound good' is their feel for music.

I just joined the board and wanted to say hi to everyone...hopefully I can contribute around here in some way.

There's a thread where you can come in to say hi in the New Members forum, but welcome anyway.

Stay away from the Pit and the Metal forum until you've learned some posting etiquette; they'll eat you alive over there.
Welcome aboard. But there is a specific thread for introducing yourself. Hopefully they won't flame you too bad for over looking that. If they do, just go on with your day
<insert required flame for posting in wrong place here>

now thats out of the way I sincerely hope that "Feel for music" comes with practice and being comfortable with the technical aspects of playing.
Welcome.
poop

(more spam)

thats great, I also have now found the beauty of c-standard tuning and cannot put my guitar down
POOP
My Rig:(left out some stuff)
Peavey 6505 and Marshall 1960B cab
Epiphone Custom LP
Line6 PODXTLive
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail reverb
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor Tuner Super Chorus
MXR 6-band EQ
The Trick Thread