Page 1 of 11
I haven't found a primus topic so here's one. What do you guys think of primus? I can say that Les Claypool is one of the greatest bassist now. I think Primus is an amazing band.
Gotta love Primus and their fucked up music (in a good way), haha. "DMV" is my favorite. Specially by the end with that tapping bass solo.

EDIT: Plus, I like the intro to "My Name is Mud."
Last edited by SGRocker0791 at Jun 28, 2006,
I love them. They have their own genre.
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
they're good, but my brother listens to it constantly, just three or four songs, it makes me angry and makes me get irritated by primus.
Frankly i think their nerds who write silly lyrics and produce noise. My name is mud is good and les claypools a good bassist but i mean too much of them can make anyone pissed off. Im not saying they suck dont get me like that i just dont like them
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
I love the intro to my name is mud. They're a great band, but the vocals do get on my nerve a tad. What do you guys think there best album is?
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
i really like pork soda. a lot of good songs on there like my name is mud, dmv, and nature boy. well i think it is one of their greatest albums.
I love Primus. Oddly they're still a lot better than LC's solo music to me - and I love LC's solo music.

I can't wait till they tour again. What's the latest word on Primus recording?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
idk, bt i remember reading rumours not too long ago that primus was going to get back together.. which would be sick.

out of all of claypool's bands, i like oysterhead the best. then primus but i like oysterhead a bit more cause its funky, where as primus has more of a heavy metal sound to it
Primus are one of the greatest bands in the last 20 years.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
the album is called "Time 4 Luv". Thats all I know.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Lookin to buy a Primus album, but I don't know what to get. Can I have some suggestions?
I am Puddin' Taine! of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join!

Member #1 of the Ipods Suck Balls Club

Member #2 Of the Parker>All Other Brands Club, PM dementedpuppy to Join.
^ Frizzle Fry. Best one in my opinion, easiest to get into.

And did you know Cornholio was inspired by a Les Claypool (not sure if it was sausage or primus) video?

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

Quote by METALHEAD8465
Lookin to buy a Primus album, but I don't know what to get. Can I have some suggestions?

get rid of that sig ipod hater!!!
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by METALHEAD8465

yeah i'd have to agree, frizzle fry is a good album. its not TOO weird, or you can try Sailing the Seas of Cheese
i would recommend pork soda. that was my first album that got me into primus. it was also their best selling album.
Quote by Yertle

Seriously? hmm...
Quote by Lukeisonfire
get rid of that sig ipod hater!!!
Lukey Luke McLukerson. get an iRiver, then you'll see the evil ways of the iPod
Quote by Yertle

lol. That is a Bullboard inside joke (the bullboard is Primus' message board)
http://jastewart.co.uk/time4luv.htm

Latest news is that they are going to try to release an album around december of this year.

Primus is awsome. I learned to play bass by watching the same Primus DVD over and over and over again.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
I haven't really gotten into them, I can't tell if they are too weird for me or not,
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
Primus is an aquired taste. It helps to be a bass player.

Yes, they are and yes it does. I love them though. Wynona's Big Brown Beaver and Tommy the Cat kick considerable ass!!!
Fury- Breathe in deep, and cleanse away our sins
And we'll pray that there's no God
To punish us, and make a fuss

Chalking up the frequent loser miles day by day.
I saw Claypool in St. Louis a few weeks ago. To be honest, I was really hoping to hear some Primus, but there was none. The only song I recognized was "The Awakening". I'd always dreamed of getting stoned off of my ass and hearing a song like "Frizzle Fry" or "DMV" live. Not this time .
John Frusciante Club Member #7
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
lol. That is a Bullboard inside joke (the bullboard is Primus' message board)
http://jastewart.co.uk/time4luv.htm

Latest news is that they are going to try to release an album around december of this year.

Primus is awsome. I learned to play bass by watching the same Primus DVD over and over and over again.

Aww, I guess I was hoodwinked.

It seemed appropriately unexpected though.

Quote by crazypeanutman

^ Hey, somebody else who lives in Vermont, sweet.
Anyway, I just got Seas of Cheese and it's great. Next album? I was thinking Antipop or Pork Soda.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin
^ Hey, somebody else who lives in Vermont, sweet.
Anyway, I just got Seas of Cheese and it's great. Next album? I was thinking Antipop or Pork Soda.

Hey - Where do you live? Go to CVU by any off chance?

And go Frizzle Fry. PS is a step down in accessibility, FF is a step up, and Antipop isn't very good comparatively.

Suck On This, FF, STSOC and PS are the best primus records. After that, quality falters IMO.

Quote by crazypeanutman

^ i totally agree with you. frizzle fry, sailing the sea of cheese, and pork soda where defiently primus's best albums.
My friend showed me the Tommy the Cat video, and the video for the Devil Went Down to Georgia.

They're an intesting band. But yes, Les is a very impressivee bassist.
Dem Dry Bones
Current read: I Am America (And You Can Too) (Stephen Colbert)
Album of the Week: Four Thieves Gone (The Avett Brothers)
Quote by Yertle
Hey - Where do you live? Go to CVU by any off chance?

And go Frizzle Fry. PS is a step down in accessibility, FF is a step up, and Antipop isn't very good comparatively.

Suck On This, FF, STSOC and PS are the best primus records. After that, quality falters IMO.

Alright, cool, I'll go in that direction then. And no, I go to Harwood, but I know some kids who go to CVU. Haven't seen them in a while though.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by Alucard II
Tommy the Cat is my name!
and i say unto thee....

Say, baby, do you wanna lay down with me?
Say, baby, do you wanna lay down by my side?
Say, baby, do you wanna lay down with me?
Say, baby, say baby!

Primus owns all of you and me. They are my favorite band of all time.

The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
How come nobody is mentioning tales from the punchbowl?
Read my post. Not this.
Because tales from the punchbowl wasnt very good. It has a few great tracks, though, but the rest is lacking..... imo, of course...
^
I agree. Out of all of Primus's CDs, Tales From the Punchbowl is my least favorite, but it still kicks ass.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
people say the brown album was pretty bad. what do you guys think? i heard a couple songs from it and they sound pretty good to me.
The Brown Album is probably my least favorite, but I wouldn't call it "bad" at all. The main problem I have with it is Brain on drums. He's a great drummer and all that but I'm just used to Tim (who is by far the better drummer for Primus) so it just seems out of place to me. Don't get me wrong though, I'll still listen to it, it just doesn't compare to Frizzle Fry or Seas of Cheese in my opinion.
STSOC is awesome, Pork Soda is really good too. I was dissapointed with Punchbowl when I bought it a couple of days ago.. Wynona and Pachyderm are great songs though. Not sure which album to get next.
BTW, does anyone else LOVE Of Whales and Woe?!? I think it's awesome.
Fury- Breathe in deep, and cleanse away our sins
And we'll pray that there's no God
To punish us, and make a fuss

Chalking up the frequent loser miles day by day.