ok, if you play a bass wiht a pick it isent that bad, but what if you play 2 strings at once. kinda like a guitar but only 2 strings. i just wanted to know if it was ok or if its just not right. j/w thanks!!
it's called a double stop. and you can do what you want and whoever says different is the wrong one. I use them pretty regularly.
sound-wise there's no right or wrong...
technique-wise there could be a better way to do it...
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
of course you can do it but IMO it doesnt sound great
Mr. Allan wrote:
This is like saying you're not allowed to jerk off over the girl next door unless you have a license and written permission from her. Which, of course, is bullsh*t
i do them all the time. to me it sounds tuneful
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Lydian_Mode
of course you can do it but IMO it doesnt sound great

on the low strings, yeah, but on the higher strings, it's good.
why would there be a problem with it?

just do what you feel, what sounds good sounds good
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Do what you want. There is nothing that will be wrong when you're playing.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
a good way to fingerstyle something like that would be to use your thumb to pluck one of the strings and your index finger to get the other. it's easy to time properly after just a little practice.
Quote by bass_rocker0331
thanks for all the help guys

You can also play two adjacent strings with your fingers at once (Double stop). Just drag your finger along them both at the same time.
And triple stops ! A La the beginning of PoT where he frets one note on the A string and harmonics the D and G string
Nothing wrong with it, I'd be very carefull about using them too much though cause it might sound a bit muddy. I use them very occasionaly and only in the higher frequencies.
slammed my penis in the toilet seat when I was 7-8yrs old,when I tried to run away,it got caught and stretched out, now it is huge,and I have the good ol shxtter to thank

Member of the Anti-Hotpunksk8rgirl club. PM X Alkaline 3 to join
i play with a pick and do chords like that

G: 9
D: 7 stuff like that it sounds gnarley to me...