ok i pretty much an sick of my ****ty sound.... puls i have to move in to an appartment so i wont have alot of room let alone crank my guitar any more

i want to get back to the basics, so im goin to sell all of my gear and get a whole new set up.....

heres what im thinking

(Invalid img)
a fender 2005 standerd start (but with a maple fret bored, and im goin to block the the trem)($404)

then im goin to switch out the pick ups to
(Invalid img)
the jeff beck Hot noiseless pick up set ($148)

(Invalid img)
then for an amp im think a vox ac 15 (im movin in to an appartment so i ant goin to need more then 15 watts) ($599)

(Invalid img)
then use a tube screamer for distortion.... ($99)

so what do you think?

do you have any better ideas for amps or a guitar?
if you do please tell me

i dont want to spend more then like 1300
and with all that stuff im at 1250
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Last edited by the_white_bunny at Jun 28, 2006,
Sounds like a nice combination, but don't change the pickups straight away, see if you like the sound stock firstly.

And I hope you're gonna' try all this stuff out first...

But what exact sounds are you looking for? Because there may be better options to choose.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
While I'm a big fan of the Vox, you could also consider the Fender Blues Junior. Still 15w, and with the other gear you're talking it would be a perfect blues/classic rock setup. Save you some coin too.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by R_H_C_P
Sounds like a nice combination, but don't change the pickups straight away, see if you like the sound stock firstly.

And I hope you're gonna' try all this stuff out first...

But what exact sounds are you looking for? Because there may be better options to choose.

ive used a mexistrat befor and i like the feel alot but i want alittle hotter sound.... and as for the vox ive just heard great things about there cleans...

im tryin to get a more robin trower, jeff beck kinda sound
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E